Last Touches For Wiring??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16RacerN2NR

Working Hard
VIP
Well I'm finishing up the swap that I bought from HMotors. It went into a 90 DX so i needed to wire up for MPFI as well as for VTEC. Anyway, car fired right up and idled good until the TPS code popped up. I switched the wires around on the TPS because the DX TPS reads the opposite way than the regular TPS'. So I think I need to adjust it again.

My main question is the plugs at the dizzy. would the car even start if i got the white wires mixed up? i'm thinking that's the cause of the bogging since i ran my car without a TPS for 2 weeks and it ran fine.

anyone also got a link for adjusting the TPS? i'd appreciate it. thanks

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@May 19 2005, 03:16 AM
Well I'm finishing up the swap that I bought from HMotors.  It went into a 90 DX so i needed to wire up for MPFI as well as for VTEC.  Anyway,  car fired right up and idled good until the TPS code popped up.  I switched the wires around on the TPS because the DX TPS reads the opposite way than the regular TPS'.  So I think I need to adjust it again. 

My main question is the plugs at the dizzy.  would the car even start if i got the white wires mixed up?  i'm thinking that's the cause of the bogging since i ran my car without a TPS for 2 weeks and it ran fine. 

anyone also got a link for adjusting the TPS? i'd appreciate it. thanks
[post=501196]Quoted post[/post]​

I've got a CRX with a B16a. The TPS code popped up on my ECU but I don't know where the TPS is so I can replace it or at least check the connection.

You say your car is bogging down. How so? Mine starts and runs fine but I'll be driving down the road and all of a sudden it starts to run rough, like its only running on 3 outa 4 cyls. If I downshift and give it a little gas, it runs great again until I get off the gas and drive at a steady pace. I wasn't sure if this was related to the TPS or if it's just time for plugs/cap/rotor.

Usually after the engine warms up, this problem goes away. I've also noticed that it does it more often early in the morning but never in the afternoon on the way home from work. It doesn't do it every day either.

I've also got a "9" (CYP sensor) showing up on my ECU. I prefer my problems to come one at a time but that doesn't always happen!

If you mixed the two white wires up the car should not run.

The one white wire will be paired up with an orange wire if you peel back the loom you will see what I mean. This is one of the distributor sensors...can't remember which one off the top of my head.

The other white wire should have a red marking on it in the loom. These cars are getting old and I have ran across a lot of them where the red marking is no longer there. This is the ICM wire which is yel/grn on OBD1-up cars.

This is not a big deal because you can tell the two apart by seeing which one is paired up with an orange wire.

-kenji

Back