Lateral Accelaration Of 1g In An Integra?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mwasnp

I have an integra ls. I am wondering what it takes to get to around 1.0 g of lateral accelaration on the skidpad. I plan on tein ha coilover shocks, racing hart cp8r 17's for street (I hear that larger wheels are better for lateral accelaration), and whatever strut, sway and torsion bars I need. Is that magic # possible? I want 2.25" front 2.0" rear drop. And what does a full bar set up cost from a good company? I have heard of complete set ups sold before. Thanks

ive heard ground control makes a pretty nice sway bar setup. yes i think you can get 1g , depends on tires.

Thanks for the input, I Am looking to get every bar that can fit lol, I think there are 5? Im not sure. There are uppers and lowers, fronts and rears, struts sways and torsions, does anyone know the exact name of them all? Thanks

i would go with a nice light weight set of 16 inch wheels if i were you. pissedoffsol has some nice volks for sale i think they are 16's nevermind i think they sold. front and rear sway bars are on the underside of the car, struts are your shocks, strut bars go on top of your struts in the engine bay and in the trunk, tie bars go under the car in between the control arms which are highly recomended if you are going with an after market sway bar like you plan. a stock type r integra pulls about .98 g's stock so yes again i think you can get to 1g. so why are you trying to reach 1g? are you running scca or parking lot racing?

How to get 1g of laterail accleration
i would instead use teins instead of progressive springs and toyo shocks or what ever they called for. The new polyurithane bushings do alot. They actually got better results using smaller wheels, 15x7's the 17s will slow you down.

Stay way from 16's because they are hard to find tires for. Oh and b. already sold the volks on ebay.

I just want to have a car that handles really nice, I am doing ls/t, and I cant see the point in having a fast car that doesnt handle well. I am really set on these 17's for the street, I am going to have a set of 15" rotas for the track though. Are you sure that 17's are poorer for handling, I know they are for accelaration because of increased rotational mass etc.

Yea i am the same way, i need to have a car that can handle great and is kinda fast, handling over speed.
Just read the aricle, they first had some 17 inch volks then swiched to some other brand 15's and got better results with 15's. Plus 17's for the street suck, My dad has them on his mini cooper s and they ride like shit. You fell ever crack in the pavement. There is no rubber to absorb the shock. Also the tires for 17's are more expensive and they dont last as long. Why buy 15's and 17's, just pool that money together and get a good 15 inch wheel with a good set of tires.

the 17s will not have enough sidewall to absorb any of the cornering force... so basicly you are at the mercy of the tires compound ... if it is a good compound you will hold the corner rather well if it is a poorer compound you will not hold the corner as well ... either way due to not having any sidewall to absorb the cornering force, once you exced the traction limits of the compound you will be sliding like your on ice... thats generally not a good thing ;)

I have been led to believe that a smaller sidewall with a good tire is the best for handling. If this wasnt the case why would porsche use 30 series tires with 18's on their 911's now? I am planning on using 205/40/17 on my integra for the street and just getting a light pair of rims for slicks for when I am at the track. The 17" racing hart cp8r only weigh 11.7 lbs, which is light to me. I know you guys are thinking ricer, but I am not doing any external mods to my car other than rims, coilover shocks and maybe tint. Unless I get the pair of jdm itr side skirts for $75 shipped from a guy on hondatech. They are already the same color as the car so you cant beat that.

Well the 911's have the power to compansate for the extra rotational mass. As for racing and cars like le Mans, they use extremly sticky tires, they have to replace them every 50 or so laps and have a good 600 hp to spin those tires. Le Mans and other racing like this is where alot of the "ricer" (not calling you ricer) trends came from. Yes spoilers can be funtional but it is when going over 140 mph in a rear wheel drive car. Yes body kits can be good if designed properly and your driving 140 mph. Big wheels can be ok if you have the money to buy tires every hundred miles and have a few hundred hp to keep them spinning.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 2 2003, 08:29 PM
Well the 911's have the power to compansate for the extra rotational mass. As for racing and cars like le Mans, they use extremly sticky tires, they have to replace them every 50 or so laps and have a good 600 hp to spin those tires. Le Mans and other racing like this is where alot of the "ricer" (not calling you ricer) trends came from. Yes spoilers can be funtional but it is when going over 140 mph in a rear wheel drive car. Yes body kits can be good if designed properly and your driving 140 mph. Big wheels can be ok if you have the money to buy tires every hundred miles and have a few hundred hp to keep them spinning.

:) he said it all

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Feb 2 2003, 05:57 PM
the 17s will not have enough sidewall to absorb any of the cornering force... so basicly you are at the mercy of the tires compound ... if it is a good compound you will hold the corner rather well if it is a poorer compound you will not hold the corner as well ... either way due to not having any sidewall to absorb the cornering force, once you exced the traction limits of the compound you will be sliding like your on ice... thats generally not a good thing ;)

may be a good thing if you are trying to drift.

You aren't going to drift in the same car that you build to handle 1g in lateral accel.

When I am done I plan on having 350 or so hp to the wheels for the street, are 17's still unreasonable, especially if they weigh only 11.7 lbs? Like I said I will have lighter rims for the track, but with a heavier car (integra vs civic) and the slightly larger wheel well I dont see how a 17 is out of line. And B I know you think its rice, so you dont need to say so ;) . Thanks for all the input thus far, especially with the del sol article. :worthy:

Originally posted by lsvtec@Feb 3 2003, 12:26 AM
You aren't going to drift in the same car that you build to handle 1g in lateral accel.

wanna bet? :)

Why would you drift in the same car you setup to hold 1g? You would have to reset everything to let go.

Ive seen some JGTC race cars drift, and they have some huge bridgestone potenza slicks(at first i thought the rims were 17" or 16" because of how the wheels look, but then read the rims are 18s).

if you have enough power- you can drift anything.

i've had both 15", 17", and now 16" wheels. i must say, i think the 16" handle the best out of all 3. the 17's rubbed too much, and most come with a 7.5 width, which i think is too wide for our lil civics.

Back