LCDs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IMO if you're buying an LCD, the only companies to look at are Viewsonic or LG. Viewsonic are just awesome monitors, and the Apple displays are made by LG, so their quality is obvious. Both can be found just as cheap as the one you posted.

Main thing to keep in mind while buying is the warranty. Most companies require your monitor to have a section of dead pixels the size of a dime, before they replace your monitor. This is why, if you can, you should buy it from a place like best buy, and pick up their 4-year warranty. If you get ONE dead pixel, best buy replaces your monitor free of charge, no questions asked, for four years. This is what I did when I bought my dual Viewsonic 17" LCD's. Definately worth it.

actually, check out sony's new LCD displays. They are finally using the new "extra clear, all angles" technology that sony and now many others are using on their laptops and using them for desktop displays. They are not cheap at like 600 a peice (when they first came out like 3 months ago) but they are THE CLEAREST dispaly on the market.

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Jul 8 2005, 03:08 AM
Hey i was wondering if anyone has any advice or experience with LCDs. Im looking into a good 17 or 19 inch. Ill game on it, but im not a graphic whore and it wont be too often. Mostly movies and surfing plus animes. =).

anyway, is this a good one?

http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/FeedBa...N82E16824163129
[post=522495]Quoted post[/post]​

My buddy just got that yesterday. It's a damn good screen, 12ms refresh rate and CRISP. Definitely worth the cash. Not one single dead pixel either.

sabz, do you think you can get ur friend to get some screen shots?

ive looked everywhere and all the sonys, samsungs, are like 250+ for just 17inchs. the 19s are like 350+.

ive heard mixed reviews for ag neovo.

thanks.

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Jul 14 2005, 03:25 PM
sabz, do you think you can get ur friend to get some screen shots?

ive looked everywhere and all the sonys, samsungs, are like 250+ for just 17inchs. the 19s are like 350+.

ive heard mixed reviews for ag neovo.

thanks.
[post=526291]Quoted post[/post]​

screen shots?

You do realize that any images he'd capture would look the same as anything else on your current monitor...

your request is like that joke where the secretary calls staples and asks for them to fax her some blank paper...

haha my bad..

i guess what i meant to say was; how is it for gaming and movies?

I've been VERY happy with my MAG Innovision.

Get this. It's a 19" monitor with 19" viewable! thats a frist.

Originally posted by adnoh@Jul 8 2005, 08:42 AM
IMO if you're buying an LCD, the only companies to look at are Viewsonic or LG.  Viewsonic are just awesome monitors, and the Apple displays are made by LG, so their quality is obvious.  Both can be found just as cheap as the one you posted.
[post=522530]Quoted post[/post]​

actually ag neovo is an elite company, kind of like eclipse for car audio in comparison. lg and viewsonic are good but not in the same class, dont believe me fine but when you look at them side by side theres no comparison.

my ag neovo monitor was the first to use the crystal filtration piece.

at the time of purchase it was $800 for a 19inch but was well worth it, its a steal a the price below.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetai...ductCode=238006

if your not running in digital then i suggest you do

Originally posted by vtecsir1+Jul 17 2005, 12:19 PM-->
@Jul 8 2005, 08:42 AM
IMO if you're buying an LCD, the only companies to look at are Viewsonic or LG. Viewsonic are just awesome monitors, and the Apple displays are made by LG, so their quality is obvious. Both can be found just as cheap as the one you posted.
[post=522530]Quoted post[/post]​

actually ag neovo is an elite company, kind of like eclipse for car audio in comparison. lg and viewsonic are good but not in the same class, dont believe me fine but when you look at them side by side theres no comparison.

my ag neovo monitor was the first to use the crystal filtration piece.

at the time of purchase it was $800 for a 19inch but was well worth it, its a steal a the price below.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetai...ductCode=238006

if your not running in digital then i suggest you do
[post=527519]Quoted post[/post]​

Nice Monitor.....

But, fuck...if your going to go that far, lets bust out the real shit :lol:

LaCie - 319 LCD

Fully adjustable, it can be height-adjusted, tilted, swiveled and rotated a full 90° to portrait mode
Portrait mode.....sweeeeeett.

Still though, if you're a graphics guy or want the "best" in image quality, CRT is still the way to go.

Originally posted by vtecsir1+Jul 17 2005, 12:23 PM-->
endlesszeal
@Jul 16 2005, 10:14 PM
wow 25ms
[post=527406]Quoted post[/post]​

thats crap if you do anything other than surf the web
[post=527523]Quoted post[/post]​

I have a 256meg DDR video card and play CSS as with HL2 I've never had a single issue with anything.

I've had it for maybe 2 years now? hmmm anywho I would buy another one with out even thinking twice.

Back