"Limp mode" code 16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ihatemyprelude

Ok 89 EF, 94 D15B7 has the right ecu.. When i start the car no CEL's when you get moving it will rev cut at 3-3500 rpm than a code 16 comes up.. Well great.. when i did the swap i wired the injectors, camgear A1 cyl1 A3 cyl 2 A5 cyl3 A2 cyl4 dissy, and (voltwire A25) i spliced into the voltage wire to not mess with any other sensors.. the injectors all read 2.1 to 2.4 ohms, I did the key test all the injector clips are getting voltage with key on, .5v from ecu and has voltage from all blk/yel wires. I put 3 sets of injectors in this car im 100% sure they were all good. One more thing is a o2 code.. 41 but o2 should not put the ecu in limp home mode.. No other codes come up so far, i just got done with the harness and i hope i did not miss any thing.. i just wired the obd1 ecu right in. I also checked the fpr/return line no pressure after the fpr so my return is not the issue.

code 16 shouldnt put you in limp mode. my 90 ef with an ls swapped into it throws a code 16 and it still revs past 7k

um code 16 and 41, when i put a p28 in it sent the same codes plus vtec codes and VSS. maybe o2 and injector combination are putting it to limp?

Now it wont click when you turn the key on, fuel pump dose not go on. Wont start... all i did was wire in my o2 sensor and i spliced wire i did not cut any thing.

Distributor needs to be swapped. You did not mention the resistors... OBD1 ECU's look for saturated injectors. You need to have 10ohm resistors in series with each injector. ECU must see 12 ohms.

i need a code for a 1997 honda accord cd player and i only have the vin num. i dont know how to take the sterio out to get the seirel number can ANYONE please help

Back