little help please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2 Door Ek Nasty

hello im new to this forum and i need some info if someone can help me please... i recently bought a highly abused 96 civic coupe with a b16a2 in it and it had 2 spun rod bearings and a bent rod in #4 cylinder well i have been trying to figure out what ecu was in the car and i just figured out tonight that its a chipped Po6 well im wanting to use the head and make a b20 vtec or a ls vtec will this po6 safely run the ls V or b20 v until i can get it tuned ? if the po6 can even be tuned or do i need a whole other ecu? any info will help thank you ! :) :)

to be clear, the p06, when modded/chipped, can effectively be converted into a p28 which as you know runs just about everything given a proper map installed on it.
Assuming the guy before you actually got a proper map on it, it can be safe.
judging how it was raped, i'm guessing the tune was NOT safe, and i'd have issues running that without getting it re-tuned on a new build.

yeah i am about to get a ls block to start my ls v i will get the ecu re tuned.. i hate buying other peoples projects lol thanks for the reply dude

B18C5 Type R basemap is (relatively) a safe chipped tune for a OEM cam/internals LS-VTEC. The P06 could be modified and chipped already....which means a new basemap is all you need. But if it was spun before you bought it, who knows what ECU was in it and if the P06 has been modified. Take the cover off the ECU and take a pic of all the guts....we will be able to tell if it's chipped.

B18C5 Type R basemap is (relatively) a safe chipped tune for a OEM cam/internals LS-VTEC. The P06 could be modified and chipped already....which means a new basemap is all you need. But if it was spun before you bought it, who knows what ECU was in it and if the P06 has been modified. Take the cover off the ECU and take a pic of all the guts....we will be able to tell if it's chipped.
ok will do

ok will do
20161207_190647.jpg

Back