Local shop holding a Car show...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ScrapinSi

The local shop swift motorsports is holding a huge event August 21st... They are going to have a drift exhibition from Slide Or Die, AutoX from CART, Car show, etc etc... Its going to be held in Waterford, CT at the Waterford speedbowl...

When: Sunday, August 21st

Where: Waterford SpeedBowl

Time: 11-6 (Show cars roll in at 9)

Swift Motorsports Summer Slam Cool

This is an ALL DAY EVENT!! You pay your admnision and you will WANT TO STAY ALL DAY!!

*Drifting Exhibiton Presented by DG Trials "Slide or Die"

*Auto Cross Exhibition Presented by Cart Club

*HUGE CAR/TRUCK/BIKE SHOW With TONS of trophies 1st 2nd AND 3rd places

*Stereo Competiton

*Live DJ's

*Bikini Competition

*Burn Out Contest

*Extreme Sports Exhibition featuring:

*BMX Exhibition

*Skate Board Exhibition

*Mobile Dyno

*Food/Drink

*Tons of Vendors

*Special Guests

Some events are tentative, And more events to come!!!!!!!!!!!

More news and registrations are on the way!

I'm hopefully gonna be able to make it.. .

how much is admission? i really wanna go. plus it will be like 5 or 6 days before i move, so it will kind of be like a last blast, if you will, for my life of the east coast

Enter for what?

And here is the flyer...
red.gif

autox presented by cart club... you know what i mean? do they mean our cart? the club im a member of? ;)

Yup... I'm one of the guys who got them turned onto cartCT... :) I just wish I had a car to race, and i'd be down there more... :(

Wintercross this year, I'm OWNING ALL YOU BITCHES!!

And the AutoX is just an exhibition, but contact Swift MotorSports (Ask for Geoff if you call, tell him you know me), and you might be able to run...

FYI though... And nothing against you... But since its a "showy" kind of event, don't know if they'll want the mirage or colt there... ;)

my mirage does very well UNBOOSTED again swift's boosted shitters. ;)

anyways, the car will be finished long before the event. id hate to show them up.

If you finish the front end, I think they would love to see the car "Come! See the world's only 2 door EVO2!"

August is too soon for me.. the project gets later and later as work gets more and more (Career work, that is)

Maybe the Neon can be ready, dunno.

bump for sunday!! I guess there is gonna be a bunch of drifting now... And lots of sponsors, giveaways, etc etc.

can we get some directions or an address or something....

oh my bad...

http://www.swiftmotorsports.com/summerSlamFAQ.php

And Directions...
DIRECTIONS:

From Hartford Area: Take Route 84 East to Route 2 East. Take Route 11 to the end. At the end of that exit, take a left onto Route 82. Follow to the intersection of Route 85 Take a right onto Route 85. Follow for approximately 7 miles and the Speedbowl will be on your right.

From Middletown: Take Route 9 South to Route 95 North. Follow to Exit 76 (which is a left-hand exit for Route 395 North). Take for approximately 2 miles to Exit 77. At the end of the exit take a left. The Speedbowl is approximately 1/8 mile on your left.

From Rhode Island: Take Route 95 South to Exit 82. At the end of the exit take a right onto Route 85, the Speedbowl is approximately 3 miles on the left.

From New Haven: Take Route 95 North to Exit 76 (which is a left-hand exit for Route 395 North). Take for approximately 2 miles to Exit 77. At the end of the exit take a left. The Speedbowl is approximately 1/8 mile on your left.

From Norwich, Plainfield,Putnam area Take Route 395 South to Exit 77. At the end of the exit take a right. The Speedbowl is approximately 1/8 mile on your left.

EDIT: Also, the Slide or Die people that are going to be at the Lime Rock drift are going to be at this show doing a drift expo...

so is autox here or there? that makes no sense. why give an exhibition at an event the same day an autox is scheduled?

It could be 7 autocrossers in Shriner cars. You never know.

I hear those McCulloughs drift like a mofo.

I will definately be there... I was just asked to be a judge for the show.

Back