LOL, I ran out of gas less than a mile from

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
LOL, I ran out of gas.

First time for everything.

3 AM and I wasn't even paying attention to the cluster, next thing I know it's bogging its way up a hill then dies 1/4 mile from the gas stations and >2 miles from my house

A helpful cop (i know i can't beleive it either) got me a couple gallons of gas and I was on my way.

I did get pretty good mileage though; 24-26 mpg. And it wasn't too bad to fill either ~$30.

I dunno how I missed the BIG yellow gas indicator light or how the needle was oinned passed E.

I wouldn't be suprise if I run out of gas again.

I was going to title the thread "POFBB...ran out of gas"

Well, for one I do have a little more respect for mountainside police. He brought me home to get the gas can then to the gas station then back to the car.

yea...

and its amazing hearing something like that from me too. That's just something I normally wouldn't say. So the cop had to be a good guy.

I was out of it last night, it took me a minute to figure out why the car wouldn't accelerate. Press the gas, bog. Put it in nuetral and rev it up it's acceptable. Then I remembered that I was supposed to get gas 35 miles ago.

I've done that. Sat at a train for 40 minutes. It appeared i had a 1/4 tank. Next thing I know I can hear the pump start to suck air, and the tach falls. I'm sittin at the train, not a 1/4 mile from the gas station that I can see clearly between the two train cars.

I hate trains.

Do they not have rail road crossings where you live?

The train is the vehicle of choice in the midwest for delivering goods. I can imagine sitting there for that long, assuming some of those fkers get to be miles upon miles long...

Originally posted by Bob Vila@Jun 10 2005, 09:09 AM
The train is the vehicle of choice in the midwest for delivering goods. I can imagine sitting there for that long, assuming some of those fkers get to be miles upon miles long...
[post=510644]Quoted post[/post]​

Maybe that's why we don't NEED the midwest anymore. :p

But yeah, I know. Over here there aren't a whole lot of trains in use.

damn 40 min??? no wonder why you see those vids of people trying to cut the train off. lol

longest train i've seen was in ny... my school was on the hudson, and they have amtrack on the east side and freight on the west bank. some of those trains were real long... but 10 min or so and tey would be past... not 40. christ.

they have plenty of trains in the tristate, but with a 40 minute wait, they'd build a bridge. traffic would be backed up for 25+ miles a wait like that.

The first time I saw them put the draw bridge up on the Belt Parkway, I watched the traffic back up a good 2 miles behind me, turned on the AM and they said it was backed up nearly 10 miles and that was only a 15 minute stop.

I'm going to indiana or SC next week for some fireworks, I could never sit and wait 40 minutes for a train..

Everyone hates them, until you need them.

Even if I'm not a huge fan of them, especially when I'm high and mighty up on my throne and think that the one ticket I got was probably better received to another citizen, but I understand that most of the time they're just doing their job.

lol, the local train by me got banged out for stopping so the train workers could go the the dunkin donuts right by the track... leaving roadways blocked for 30+minutes at a time...

where did you go to school B?

yep, I do have a lot more respect for them, even though they pull someone over 10 times a day at min. in Mountainside. I've never been harassed or bothered or confronted by Mountainside police, they do their job, they really have no intention of bothering someone for doing something they didn't do. I think they should pull more people over. People do like 75 in a 50 through a dangerous intersection. I would be really fucking mad if someone hit me when I'm trying to cross that intersection. I used to speed a bit till I realized the consequences and after seeing so many accidents in Mountainside's regions of Death's Highway.

I've easily sat in the car at railroad crossings for 40 minutes for impossibly long freight trains in the outer Chicago suburbs. The closer suburbs usually don't have more than 10 minute waits at the most. The really long frieght trains have engine cars both pulling and pushing; there's just too much weight even for the multi-thousand horsepower haulers. :p

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jun 10 2005, 10:50 AM-->
sat at a train? wtf does that mean?
[post=510632]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jun 10 2005, 10:54 AM
Train stopped and blocked a crossing, maybe?

Only in Indiana. :shrug2:
[post=510637]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid: Especially in New Haven. There's 3 tracks merging into the station. Norfolk Southerns offices are about 5 blocks from downtown.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jun 10 2005, 11:06 AM
They do, they're just never blocked by trains. Temporarily, yes, but not for 40 mufuggin minutes.
[post=510642]Quoted post[/post]​

It's illegal for a train to block the crossings for more than 10 minutes here. New Haven PD gave Norfolk Southern 66 tickets in one month. It's like a 100 dollar fine. Chump change. They don't care. None of you guys remember me posting about that when I ran out of gas? It was sometime last fall.

pissedoffsol
@Jun 10 2005, 11:44 AM
damn 40 min??? no wonder why you see those vids of people trying to cut the train off. lol

longest train i've seen was in ny... my school was on the hudson, and they have amtrack on the east side and freight on the west bank. some of those trains were real long... but 10 min or so and tey would be past... not 40. christ.
[post=510656]Quoted post[/post]​

You'd hate living here then. Tracks are everywhere. South side of town, through downtown, and north of town. I've been blocked by a train on the downtown tracks, so I turned around and went north only to be blocked by another train on the north tracks. That's when you turn back around and take the fuggin highway.

Back