Long time since I've really posted something.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

daveholiday

Do work
What's up guys. After creeping the forums with an occasional post here and there, I figured now might be a good time to say hey and catch up (now that I have a second job, 5 days a month, where I sit at a desk.)

So first and foremost, how are you all doin?

And the bad news. I wrecked the Gixxer. My dad (05 R1) and I went to Kentucky for a few days of good riding and camping. It rained on the way down, but was gorgeous once we got there. We camped at Carter Caves, if any of you know where that is. But my goodness, let me tell you. Kentucky has some of the most gorgeous roads, between hills and bends and the exceptional pavement (except for a few spots.)

So anyway, we take these few days racing through the hills and bends, all backroads with only cows for miles. So comes the day to go back to his house, in ohio. I rode my bike down, he drove his GTI and pulled his bike on his single bike trailer (wtf, right?) So I go ahead of him, and book it. It's an old country highway, (AA highway if any of you know,) and take off. Multiple spots it turns to 2 lanes, one in each direction with no sign of a double yellow line, only dotted. So I was passing just about everyone. Making great timing, going plenty faster than I should have been. So I'm riding, doing about 110, and my junk helmet that was given to me when I bought the bike, finally kicked it. My windscreen pops out on one side. I know it's not just from my speed, although I know it played a part in it. So I pull over to attempt to fix this damn thing. All the sudden I notice a KY state boy coming from the other direction, slowing down, and then pulled behind me with his lights on, and sat there. I didn't know, so I walked up to him and asked if he could fix my helmet. He got out and asked what happened, told him it popped out. He asked how fast I was going and said not to lie because he'd gotten a few calls about me. Speed limit is 65. I told him I was probably doing 80, but wasn't really paying attention because I was following a couple cars and just staying with him. He was young. Told me to slow down and be careful, couldn't really get me for anything without clocking me, which he didn't. Who drives past while I'm pulled over? My dad. FML. Anyway, get off clean and make it back to dads in Cinci.

Fast forward a couple days.

First day back in Pitt and my mom has my car keys. So I drive to her work, the hospital, to get them. How convenient that I'd dump it around a bend on my way to the hospital. So I park the bike in the grass, didn't hit anyone or any public property except the grass, and go to the hospital. I call my buddy and he comes with his truck. Get back, maybe 30 minutes later, bike's gone. WTF. So I call highway partol, report a stolen vehicle. State trooper picked it up. So I have to go meet him, and deal with him screaming at me before I can pay the $160 to get it out of impound. Don't know if I told you guys about my speeding ticket last April, 113 in a 55? Well wouldn't you know it was the same state trooper who got me last year. So seriously, FML.

Yet to get any tickets via him or mail, and that was in July.
The damage wasn't bad when I dumped it, except for my exhaust. It ripped a huge hole in it. For the bike rolling, I just had the exhaust, 2 snapped mirrors, a snapped windscreen, and a bent rear brake pedal cluster, all with a straight frame. Cheap fixes pretty much, compared to what it could have been. Thank you frame sliders.

Anyway, it's already prepped for paint and such, it'll be a totally different bike when it's done. Pics are on my facebook, here's a direct link to the album. I'd save them and shit but it's a work computer. They'll kill me.

Dave Rishforth's Photos - the GSXR | Facebook

EDIT:
We did the paint prep, and the primer, wetsanding, etc. I have a guy who paints cars for a living doing the real paint. Don't think I'm spray-bombing it.

Thanks. The extent of injury was road rach on right arm, lower right back, and right knee. I'll have the scar on my arm and knee, no back though. Don't know why.

My friend dumped his bike again last Wednesday. He's literally been on it about a week since recovering from his foot surgery from the last accident. Kid hit another pothole. Bike is scratched. He rolled his ankle bad and got a little road rash on his arm. Still refuses to take a class or something.

But its still not going to stop me from getting one soon enough. I plan to take a class though.

Back