Looking for a Car, Need HS's help

NoJokE

Senior Member
As the topic states, I'm looking for a car... Very broad right? Well I need HS's help. I have no fucking clue what I want. Right now I have a project Civic that's taking way too long and i'm driving around in a POS Dodge that breaks down every other week.

I'm willing to spend as much as $8,000, with these stipulations: HAS to be stick, HAS to be upgradeable for some easy horsepower(turbo would be nice, but not necessary), NOT a 2-seater. RWD, FWD, AWD doesn't matter...

Throw out any option that meets this criteria... Thanks guys.
 

B16RacerN2NR

Working Hard
VIP
for 8k you could find a nice 4 door GSR, i'm just biased towards the 2 door. i've even seen some 98 4 door GSR's for like $7200, you'd have cash to get a couple of goodies.

Now since you have a project car and you don't want another honda, look for a Audi A4 or something like that. If your lucky, you can find a 1.8T Golf or Jetta.
 

n1mr0d

Senior Member
Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@Jun 27 2005, 09:41 PM
for 8k you could find a nice 4 door GSR, i'm just biased towards the 2 door.  i've even seen some 98 4 door GSR's for like $7200, you'd have cash to get a couple of goodies.

Now since you have a project car and you don't want another honda, look for a Audi A4 or something like that.  If your lucky, you can find a 1.8T Golf or Jetta.
[post=517151]Quoted post[/post]​


The Audi's/VeeDub's are nice in and out but they have GM like service histroy and neediness. That and if your really serious about upgrading it I would ABSOLUTLY stay away from the. You can buy a liver transplant cheeper then some base line turbo kits for those cars let alone small things like I/H/E. I personaly would stay away from them.

For up to 8G's your options are very much open. You can find a 180SX, 240's or sentra's all day long for cheeper then 8K but its hard to come across a nice one in good condition. Anything in the Honda/Acura line is a great platform except the obvious insight, the other SUV's/SUT and arguablly the Accord. Although the Accord is a really nice car to sport the Familia around in and pick the date up yet it can still have the ability of a spirited ride. I'm not sure that I would consider anything toyota or lexus unless you were gonna leave it stock. Especially lexus because they get expensive very quickly. Toyota doesn't really have any good or great base platforms that are readily avaible. In the Diamond stars you could get a 91/92 VR-4 Galant that would smoke a boat load of cars stock. Or pick up an eclipse but I personally am not to found of them as I thought that Mitsu was always trying to get the female crowd with that car. Last you could aways get a Truck and go any number of ways with that. I'm sure someone will have something different to say about the toyota's or Nismo group. I will confess that I am not as cultured on it as I would like to be. Hope this helps a little.
 

posol

RETIRED
Staff member
2.5 RS
240 + sr20
accord + h22
civic + gsr
b13 se-r + turbo

or, do the smart thing... and keep 1 project car at a time.
sell the dodge for 500 bucks, buy a 2-3k beater that runs good... like a 90 accord. those things run for ever, and aren't exactly chick magnents, but you won't be embarrased to be seen in it.
bank the other 5k
 

Drake

Well-Known Member
VIP
Im with B. Stick with one project car. Buy a nice looking perfectly good running car and go with that. I wouldnt want to try and upgrade two cars at once but maybe thats just me.
 

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
Originally posted by asmallsol@Jun 27 2005, 11:04 PM
play gt4, then decide what you want lol.
[post=517191]Quoted post[/post]​


haha best suggestion ever.
 

corvetteguy

Senior Member
Originally posted by NoJokE@Jun 27 2005, 06:45 PM
As the topic states, I'm looking for a car... Very broad right? Well I need HS's help. I have no fucking clue what I want. Right now I have a project Civic that's taking way too long and i'm driving around in a POS Dodge that breaks down every other week.

I'm willing to spend as much as $8,000, with these stipulations: HAS to be stick, HAS to be upgradeable for some easy horsepower(turbo would be nice, but not necessary), NOT a 2-seater. RWD, FWD, AWD doesn't matter...

Throw out any option that meets this criteria... Thanks guys.
[post=517082]Quoted post[/post]​


I know the perfect car for you

car
 

NoJokE

Senior Member
CorvetteGuy: What year is the Celica? Possible Contender.

MdLax/Pissedoffsol: This car WILL be the beater, but I want something I can do little upgrades to when I get bored.

I'm still in the very EARLY stages of buying a car, I have the bike now which I'm riding pretty much everywhere, i'm only using the POS when it rains. So the car will probably be for August/September...

Keep 'em coming guys.....
 

corvetteguy

Senior Member
Originally posted by NoJokE@Jun 28 2005, 09:55 AM
CorvetteGuy: What year is the Celica? Possible Contender.

MdLax/Pissedoffsol: This car WILL be the beater, but I want something I can do little upgrades to when I get bored.

I'm still in the very EARLY stages of buying a car, I have the bike now which I'm riding pretty much everywhere, i'm only using the POS when it rains. So the car will probably be for August/September...

Keep 'em coming guys.....
[post=517342]Quoted post[/post]​


its a 1990 GT Hatch 2.2l 5sfe engine.....as you can see i had allot of new stuff put into it....It just needs a map sensor and an antena fix....the paint is new, the rims and tires arenew along with all the parts listed...its in great shape and the interior is too...got like 98500...not bad at all for a 15 year old car....new head/gasket/seals/rings..etc....its all inthe post...i have the title ready :)
 

TurboMirage

YEEAAAHHH
VIP
www.tercelforums.com

you can get a 4efte swapped or 5efte swapped tercel for like 2-2.5k . those motors are rediculously reliable, too.
 

totalburnout

Well-Known Member
VIP
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 27 2005, 11:41 PM
2.5 RS
240 + sr20
accord + h22
civic + gsr
b13 se-r + turbo

or, do the smart thing... and keep 1 project car at a time.
sell the dodge for 500 bucks, buy a 2-3k beater that runs good... like a 90 accord. those things run for ever, and aren't exactly chick magnents, but you won't be embarrased to be seen in it.
bank the other 5k
[post=517216]Quoted post[/post]​



I'm going with B for once.

2.5RS all the way. You're going to pay every penny of book plus some though.

240 + sr20 = sex as well.

the hondas = :ghey:
 
Top