Looking For Best Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

frecklesbaker

what would be the best swap for a 89-91 crx si im thinking b18c1 94-98 would any be better for over all power something that would run may be 12,s or lower and what would be best trans i was thinking the trans that goes with b18c1 if any one know any thing about the best swap (excluding type r $$$ posably its trans though) please enlighten me
thanks

Not to be an asshole but do some research. You will not hit 12s with just putting a b18c in your car. Do a search and read some old topics. When you get some more specific questions ask away.

hitting 12's is hard. Im still in 13's with my b16 turbo in my crx. thats why im in the process of gettin an ls and turboing that.

Originally posted by HenryOng074@Jan 23 2003, 06:27 AM
...in the process of gettin an ls and turboing that....

So why are you asking about the GSR motor?

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jan 23 2003, 01:59 AM-->
HenryOng074
@Jan 23 2003, 06:27 AM
...in the process of gettin an ls and turboing that....

So why are you asking about the GSR motor?

he wasen't the one that started the thread.

as for the question asked... you really didn't give enough info to give you a "real" answer. you should let us know what you plan to use the car for, what your budget is and so on. as for ease of swap, the b16 would be your best bet. but if that just isn't enough power for you, gsr is also a great choice, but with the gsr you will have to convert from obd0 to obd1 as well as either convert from cable to hydro tranny or use a b16 tranny (not a good choice). or if you are planning on boosting the engine in the future, the LS ( b18a/b ) would be a good choice, they run pretty cheap and are very boost friendly in stock from. those are pretty much your choices, just post with any more questions you may have.

Back