Looking for new floor jack

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

Has anyone used this: Torin Extreme Jack — Low-Profile, 5-Wheel, 2-Ton, Model# T820028 | Floor Jacks | Northern Tool + Equipment

Torin Low-Proile 2-ton jack. They're currently having a sale at a local store; $200 for that jack. They also have Arcan which looks VERY nice and has good reviews, but only goes down to 3.5". I'm not sure how low my old Harbor Freight jack went, but it eventually went out so I'm avoiding HF. Right now I'm using the smaller Torin Low-Profile jack, and it's barely low enough to get under some of our cars(low enough to barely get under a 1.5" lowered Evo9....won't go under many lowered Civics though).

Omega/Blackhawk was my other choice but seems to have bad reviews. I'm also looking at ATD but those cost around $300, in which I would also consider AC and some other reputable brands...just right now looking for best bang for buck that can get down to about 2.5".

Last edited:
If you have problems with height you can always drive the car onto some 2x4s too...

i have a Central Hydraulics jack from HF and it works perfectly... its not the low pro one though

the biggest problem with the harbor freight jacks is they have no internal bypass
so once its maxed, you can't put the handle down further

and the handles on those things are so long, its very easy to try to get that little extra out of it and then you pop them

the central hydraulic jacks has overload protection, and a lower profile, but its not aluminum

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=67022

which HF jack did you have?

Last edited:
napa has a sick lowpro jack..looks to be 1.5 but i dunno..
as chaz said you can drive the car up on something..we use 1 inch thick by 4 inch wide boards cut to about a foot long so they fit right under the tires

I had something like this but with the round saddle: - Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

Was barely low enough though(sometimes I'd have to take out the rubber saddle mat).

The Central Hydraulics one looks pretty good. Has anyone had problems with them? I know some shops use them. I was really looking for something longer though since I have had plenty of problems where the handle would hit the car.

Has anyone used this: Torin Extreme Jack — Low-Profile, 5-Wheel, 2-Ton, Model# T820028 | Floor Jacks | Northern Tool + Equipment

Torin Low-Proile 2-ton jack. They're currently having a sale at a local store; $200 for that jack. They also have Arcan which looks VERY nice and has good reviews, but only goes down to 3.5". I'm not sure how low my old Harbor Freight jack went, but it eventually went out so I'm avoiding HF. Right now I'm using the smaller Torin Low-Profile jack, and it's barely low enough to get under some of our cars(low enough to barely get under a 1.5" lowered Evo9....won't go under many lowered Civics though).

Omega/Blackhawk was my other choice but seems to have bad reviews. I'm also looking at ATD but those cost around $300, in which I would also consider AC and some other reputable brands...just right now looking for best bang for buck that can get down to about 2.5".

I think I saw that very same jack at pepboys for 129 or 149 check out pepboys before pulling the trigger. Still doesn't fit under my car =(

Back