ls-vtec b20 torque monster

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tegrage

i wanna do ls vtec in my 96 ls integra i have no motor trans or ecu. i want this thing to be a torque monster and i was told gsr head b20 block w/b16 pistons and b16 si trans. im not planning on boost i want all motor. im lookin for part list price and difficulty. and i also wtb some parts for the swap and also black mint carpet for my teg

Torque? Hondas don't make that :lol:

Do some searching around. There are tons of b20 VTEC builds on the internet.

your not going to get b16 pistons in a B20, B20 is 84mm bore and a B16 is a 81mm bore.

if you get a 11.5:1 comp on a B20 vtec and cam it you should find what your looking for.

Torque monster.....not so much. If you want torque you need Nitrousoxide.

im just goin off of what i have been told. this car is my baby and will get a k swap in the next couple years i just want ls vtec in the mean time that makes decent power i wanna be able to hang with a 5.0 if at all possible

i am really looking for a simple some what cheap swap that can roll with 5.0s all my buddys have 5.0s just want a 4 bangger that will keep up with some level of ease. i want a decent amount of room for improvement as well

look into H22 with a h2b setup, thats another option.

as far as making all motor lsvtec or b20vtec... its one of those things that is only really worth doing if you can afford to do a complete build. doing a cheap build where you just throw a vtec head on is pretty pointless, you would be better off with a gsr or type r motor really.

well i need to know what i need to do the swap corectly i know the ls vtec kit is like 18o on the high side b20 block 3-400 head bout the same trans idk i want b16 si trans

If you're planning on swapping a K into the car you might want to go ahead and start saving instead of spending money on another motor.

well i need a dd for now got a new job and have a decent amount of money to play with and more to come have a few things to straighten out before i can tackle the k swap

an internally stock lsvtec is not all that. id rather just have a stock gsr motor by a long shot. and yes, like 99sidude said, the only honda i have ever been in that you could really describe as torquey was when i had a JRSC on my integra. with a jrsc setup you can get a vtec b series motor to the neighborhood of 250whp that is instantly there all the time, every gear. and it could be done cheaper than going K.

My two cents.. Throw an entire ls engine/trans in there for as cheap as possible for the dd duties... Save up and then go k series... If you build up an engine "in the meantime" for when you go k, you will spend waaay more than you could ever sell it for, resulting in a loss... Never a good thing when trying to build a car...

JRSC a b series if you want a torque monster.

They are getting harder and harder to find. I've been passively looking for one for awhile now.

Magana559 said:
your not going to get b16 pistons in a B20, B20 is 84mm bore and a B16 is a 81mm bore.

if you get a 11.5:1 comp on a B20 vtec and cam it you should find what your looking for.

Torque monster.....not so much. If you want torque you need Nitrousoxide.
I've come across aftermarket B16 pistons cast in 84mm. Check out eBay, I think that's were I saw them. But, correct me if I'm wrong, can't you not really change B20 pistons without sleeving it?

You can, i ran CP pistons in my b20vtec with stock sleeves for a couple years, most of that time with a JRSC on there. Problems only arose when i went turbo and decided to do a high speed pull...

I have had a b20vtec for years now, and have done tons of research on them. From what i gather, they are fine to about 300whp if properly tuned. After that cracked sleeves are only a matter of time.

13:1 compression, port/polish, big cams, tune tune tune.

Back