ls vtec build I need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Whats up everybody I just bought an LS for my ef and I want to do ls/vtec with a hint of N/A My first question is I want to use ITR pistons what's the best rod to use, second of all the if I do use the ITR pistons what bushings and pins and all the conecting junk do I use the LS or type R third of all will I have enough valve clearence to us the LS head with the type R pistons till my B16 head is done from the machine shop and last what timing belt and oil pump do I use? I've only messed with H series motors so yell any anwser out or ideas is appreciated because B series are new to me.
 
Pretty sure the ITR pistons have to be pressed on to LS rods at a machine shop, also use ARP rod bolts. ITR pistons will clear the LS head. Use a GSR OBDII Waterpump, Timing belt, and oil pump when you decide to throw the vtec head on. You will need the golden eagle conversion kit also.
 
Damn I didn't think the ITR pistons would work with the LS motor???? Learn something new everyday here that's why I love HS. I say go with some CTR pistons with the Golden Eagle kit and use a Type-R oil pump and Type-R water pump that's what I got.
Oh I also ran the GSR oil pan for some reason but the LS will work just fine. If you want I have some CTR pistons brand new never used with rings and everything ready to go into an LS block for $250 (SHAMELESS PLUG). They will raise your compression ratio to somewhere around 11.8:1.
 
Originally posted by integraslut78@Aug 20 2005, 05:35 PM
Damn I didn't think the ITR pistons would work with the LS motor???? Learn something new everyday here that's why I love HS. I say go with some CTR pistons with the Golden Eagle kit and use a Type-R oil pump and Type-R water pump that's what I got.
Oh I also ran the GSR oil pan for some reason but the LS will work just fine. If you want I have some CTR pistons brand new never used with rings and everything ready to go into an LS block for $250 (SHAMELESS PLUG). They will raise your compression ratio to somewhere around 11.8:1.
[post=542912]Quoted post[/post]​




are these my old/new pistons by chance!
 
Originally posted by hybrid89+Aug 20 2005, 04:20 PM-->
integraslut78
@Aug 20 2005, 05:35 PM
Damn I didn't think the ITR pistons would work with the LS motor???? Learn something new everyday here that's why I love HS. I say go with some CTR pistons with the Golden Eagle kit and use a Type-R oil pump and Type-R water pump that's what I got.
Oh I also ran the GSR oil pan for some reason but the LS will work just fine. If you want I have some CTR pistons brand new never used with rings and everything ready to go into an LS block for $250 (SHAMELESS PLUG). They will raise your compression ratio to somewhere around 11.8:1.
[post=542912]Quoted post[/post]​




are these my old/new pistons by chance!
[post=542921]Quoted post[/post]​



That's an affirmative Matt. I ended up not using them and sold them to my friend and my friend gave them back to me before he paid for them fucking Shadney.
 
b16 and ls block with ctr pistons = comp. ratio of 12.7:1. Itr's are definately a better choice, P30's would also do you good as well.
 
I all ready have the ITR pistons so thats what I'm going to use for sure and from what I've figured out I'm going to use the B18A rods but I think I'm going to order some H beams for the LS the only thing I'm woried about is conecting the pistons to the rods. I haven't really got a clear anwser on that but I'm doing a B16 head with 99 Si cams I'm also going to have the head reworked a little and a B17 tranny. It should be pretty fun.
 
Originally posted by 90AccordH22@Aug 21 2005, 09:47 AM
I all ready have the ITR pistons so thats what I'm going to use for sure and from what I've figured out I'm going to use the B18A rods but I think I'm going to order some H beams for the LS the only thing I'm woried about is conecting the pistons to the rods. I haven't really got a clear anwser on that but I'm doing a B16 head with 99 Si cams I'm also going to have the head reworked a little and a B17 tranny. It should be pretty fun.
[post=543108]Quoted post[/post]​


Sounds like fun good luck with your build mang.
 
if you do end up getting aftermarket rods, you will need to have your itr pistons machined for spiral locks. Also if you go with the LS rods, I think that you need to have them machined down in order to fit into the itrs smaller opening in between the piston skirts. Get ARP bolts if you keep the LS's too.
 
Originally posted by 90AccordH22@Aug 25 2005, 04:29 PM
If I use CTR pistons do they need machined to fit the ls rods?
[post=545338]Quoted post[/post]​



That's a negative that's why I got them but never used them cuz I got lazy.
They are good to go right on. Enjoy your build it sounds like it's going to be a beast.
 
Originally posted by 94CivicSlow@Aug 20 2005, 12:38 PM
Pretty sure the ITR pistons have to be pressed on to LS rods at a machine shop, also use ARP rod bolts. ITR pistons will clear the LS head. Use a GSR OBDII Waterpump, Timing belt, and oil pump when you decide to throw the vtec head on. You will need the golden eagle conversion kit also.
[post=542838]Quoted post[/post]​


How did you come up with that number? If you used C-speedracings compression calculator, that is an incorrect compression #.

Whats the difference between OBD1 and OBD2 GSR water pumps? Fuck the GSR pumps use ITR. I bet they are better.
 
Originally posted by 90AccordH22@Aug 25 2005, 06:29 PM
If I use CTR pistons do they need machined to fit the ls rods?
[post=545338]Quoted post[/post]​


:yes:

You WILL need to notch the LS rods to fit those pistons on them.

I can't believe you guys don't know this shit by know.
 
Top