LS/Vtec In 91 DA Vacuum Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AxeOfGlory

Hey guys,

It's my first post, I know. I've been doing hours and hours of research, and I think I have the majority of the vacuum lines figured out now.

I have a JDM OBD0 B16 head mated to a B18B1 block. After looking at a B16 and the DA diagrams I've figured the brunt of it out, but I have a few questions.

1. Why is there a T Fitting on the MAP sensor? I couldn't remembered where one side ran to, so for now its got a bolt in the line.

2. The "No. 2 Control Box" on the DA diagram. What the hell is this? Can I safely remove it? I'm 99% sure I don't have any lines running from it anymore.

3. After setting up the brake booster, it doesn't fit very well it it's vacuum bracket anymore. I was just going to get a new hose and run it down (like a minituck), but what is the gray splice in the middle of the house? Is it a filter?

4. Say I want to remove all the emissions stuff, as in Iowa we don't check emissions. What can be removed without tripping a code? Will it affect my MPG? It's a daily with some kick, so i want to get good mileage.

Even some links would be helpful! I've been searching for weeks and have not come to any conclusions. Even G2IC won't answer me, and they're all for DA's haha.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

- Brandon

As far as the T for the map sensor, on side goes to manifold, another side goes to the map sensor (obviously) and the bottom part of the T supposed to be pluged any way. What I did was just removed the T and just ran it straight for the mani on to the map sensor. Just make sure you have no vaccum leaks on that hose cuz your engine will run like crap! Trust me I know, it will make it almost seem like its misfiring. Anyway hopes this helps.

Back