ls/vtec or k24/k20

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tegman615

i have a 90 integra project it has b18a1 runs good. i dont know what i want to do. either ls/vtec or i know some who sellin a 06 crv k24 for 500 dollars and it got me thinking about k24 crv with k20 head on it. i want build all motor at less 350 hp.

i have a 90 integra project it has b18a1 runs good. i dont know what i want to do. either ls/vtec or i know some who sellin a 06 crv k24 for 500 dollars and it got me thinking about k24 crv with k20 head on it. i want build all motor at less 350 hp.
well my good sir, with all these high hopes and aspirations you should take some time to search this fine forum via the search link as well as google. maybe that way your will find you answer and learn a few things in the process, good day and good luck.

What's your bankroll? 350 ponies isn't cheap, no matter how you do it. And is reliability going to be an issue? Are you doing the work yourself? Are you just looking to go fast, or do you want to be able to turn, too?

More information will get you better answers--but not as good as the answers you can get on your own by doing some research.

money is not a problem. i plan on 90 integra to be stripped to bones. i plan on doing it myself and help my local buddys who own a mech. shop. they have their opinion on my idea what i should do. i wanted some more opinions on this.

Shit if the K24/K20 is even an option, Id do it. But your being pretty vague with your needs of the finished product.

EDIT: That G23 sounds cool, but it sounds like a lot of trouble to get in the car. That price list at the bottom of page 1 is wack too. If anyone has ever got a quote on custom fab work, youd know that you cant get a header for made for 300, let alone a header, intake, mounts, and linkage.

Last edited:
well i need deciding which one in 90 integra it has b18a1 auto pushin 140 hp stock. i was think gsr ported and polished with new stage 2 cam, cam gear, values, springs. the whole works on the head. or i know a guy selling 06 crv k24 with 150 hp stock. it got my head turning about k24 and k20 head with whole works too but prolly not ported and polished. then slapping on manual tran and turbo on both motors. i got the money to pay. i just my teg to be 12s or maybe 11s at the local track.

Id go with the LS/V for the ease of the swap, but if you want a straight line monster and money isnt an issue, the K will get you there much easier.

well i need deciding which one in 90 integra it has b18a1 auto pushin 140 hp stock. i was think gsr ported and polished with new stage 2 cam, cam gear, values, springs. the whole works on the head. or i know a guy selling 06 crv k24 with 150 hp stock. it got my head turning about k24 and k20 head with whole works too but prolly not ported and polished. then slapping on manual tran and turbo on both motors. i got the money to pay. i just my teg to be 12s or maybe 11s at the local track.

Do you have any clue what it would take to get a K-series engine into your car, which is currently an automatic?

Go with the GS-R, it will be 1,000 times easier...

Do you have any clue what it would take to get a K-series engine into your car, which is currently an automatic?

Go with the GS-R, it will be 1,000 times easier...

i bet to differ. i believe a gs-r will be 2,356 times easier. ^_^

g23 g23 haha

...wonder if there a good car for that...maybe i'll buy a dc then do a mid-engine conversion with that motor and a super charger. ooooosk

(This is what you sound like)

So.
My suggestion:
If money isn't an issue, sell the auto, buy a 92-93 manual boost the fuck outta it with some motor building done. get yourself a good tune and call it a wrap.

go with the K series! its worth it. a little more work but worth it.

I have had d-series, b-series and now running a k20 and I like the power the K gives.

I would go K! If money is no object, that's what I wouls do. I have a K swap now and like the results far better then any other swap I have done. It will be fairly easy to get the K into the 11 sec bracket.

Putting a k engine in a DA is not worth it. Sell your auto and pick up a DC2. If your gonna roll with a DA I would stick with B series engines. Put in a b18c5 and slap Type-R on your trunk. Personally if money wasnt a problem I would sell the auto and buy an STI and start looking into bigger turbos and tuning for 800hp.

putting a k engine in a da is not worth it. Sell your auto and pick up a dc2. If your gonna roll with a da i would stick with b series engines. Put in a b18c5 and slap type-r on your trunk. Personally if money wasnt a problem i would sell the auto and buy an sti and start looking into bigger turbos and tuning for 800hp.

wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back