ls-vtec project in progress

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brasilianstreet

what else do i need heres what i got so far , b16 head b18a block b16 hydro tranny, crower rods and arias low comp pistons , got all si head parts like intake mani etc. stock si , also got gsr distributer ,gsr belt , gsr water pump , getting gsr axles if not those wat should i get for new axles and im getting Si engine mounts also skunk2 cams , and i got a dc sports 4-1 header, what else do i need like an oil pan or i no i need new gaskets for some stuff but i dont know what ? oh and this is goin in my 96 ex civic

yea im planing on boosting i need to get the jdm 4-2-1 header by dc sports i mean i want to but any 4-2-1 header is what i need not 4-1 right?

to go turbo you NEED to get a turbo header lmao
do a search or try some of the ads at the top of these pages

I think you need to do some more research before you tackle boosting an ls/vtec. Just my .02

not sure the specs on your cams that you have but they might have a tad too much for FI applications.

also don't forget about the shiftlinkeage.

oh yea my bad i forgot turbo header but what ever i did alot of research and i got alot of friends who are helping me do my stuff . thankz though what shift linkage should i get ? and what cams also would you recomend

Originally posted by brasilianstreet@Mar 24 2004, 12:39 AM
oh yea my bad i forgot turbo header but what ever i did alot of research and i got alot of friends who are helping me do my stuff . thankz though what shift linkage should i get ? and what cams also would you recomend

for shift linkage i'd imagine you'd need the linkage from a '99-'00 si, but something else may work. and get some gsr cams.

alrite than thankz imma try to find some gsr cams on ebay and what abotu my cam gears? and ima see about the shift linkage?

Forget about the GSR tranny... LS tranny is better for Turbo appz... Why? Well the answer is simple... The longer gear ration of the LS tranny allows you to stay longer in the peak HP so you get torque for a longer period... GSR tranny shorter gear ratio will make the car start faster because it reaches the peak HP faster but... 1/2 a sec later, LS tranny will overtake you...

Back