ls/vtec turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

typesiracing

I'm a believer that a turbo setup can work on any car as long as its tuned right....so i'm planing on boosting an ls/vtec.....i'm going to set the motor up right with oil lines etc...but maybe you guys can recommend pistons, rods, cams, injectors, turbo, and ecu suggestions to me for 275+ whp.....i have a 1.8 block and a b16 head with crower retainers and springs....i know it gets to be expensive but i wanna try and keep the setup between 4-6k not including what i have.....i already have an apexi-vafc. and i know if the power gets too crazy i'm gonna have to get it to the ground so i wanna keep it controllable....thanks for the info.

hey, what i would do.. and i dont know if this is right cuz im an idiot
but ide use ls pistions, crowler rods, aem cam gears. type r injectors rev hard turbo kit and intercooler and ide make damn sure the oil is getting flow, like type r oil pump action, squirters... and whatnot

a huge problem ive experienced with the ls/vtec is its got balls but its not stable because the ls block maxes out at 7grand and the vtec head is around 9. just make sure you do everything you could do to the internals of the block before you start boosting it.
thanx.

thanks for your info. what i was planning on doing is ls crank, crower rods and maybe je pistons.....with the gsr block and the oil squirters which i think are the same as the type r and as suggested a crower turbo cam.

The ls block doesnt max out at 7G RPM. we have an LS/VTEC turbo race car doing 9500 RPM shifts

for $4-6G, you can get a great built turbo setup.
Fully built LS bottom end sleeved runs $2800 with Eagle Rods and Arias Pistons.
Tapping the head for LSV setup is $100 includes resurfacing. another $100 gets the Oil lines. HEad gasket and timing belt, another $100.00

Thats about $3100.00 right there.

You have another $900-$2900 left to spend on whatever you like.
Drag turbo kits run $2800.00

There you go. fuly built motor with a nice turbo kit for your budget.
Good luck.

Wil

if 275 whp is your goal, i wouldn't bother sleeving. tuned right and non- detonating, your sleeves will hold that just fine.

id sell the vafc, and get a hondata system with some 550 cc injectors.
and spend the money for a tuner and dyno time.

turbo, id go with a t3/t04e .63 a/r 12-14 psi or so should take you to 275 whp on that no problem.

internals, CP pistons are bad ass, but $$$$... JE's are good choice too. rods, crowers and pauters and manleys are $$$$$, but eagle's should hold 275 whp no problem.

if you still have money left over, invest in a quaiffe LSD.

Back