LS/VTEC Wiring/ECU Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Im in the final stages of my ls vtec swap in my '99 teg' my car is obd2b and i just bought a obd2 - obd1 conversion harness being that im using a usdm b16a3 head and ecu for my swap. Now i was planning on cutting the leg off my stock ls ecu because im broke as shit right now!! But the question is what else do i need to converse or change (i.e. plugs / sensors) seeing that i will be obd1 now ????

**ALL REPLIES APPRECIATED**

you guys were way more help 2 yrs ago ....no1 answers any questions for me nemore...cuz im a noobie?

Calm down dude, not everyone lives on the interent, it's Mothers Day.

Using your LS ECU is just a bad idea, and what are you talking about, cutting the leg off? Anyway, if you just want to start the motor, use the ECU that's in your car, it will run like shit, but it should start and go forward.

Do youhave the harness for the B16A3? If so, you can use it, it will plug into your teg at the shock towers. If not, any OBD I Civic harness will work, you'll just have to add plugs as nescessary.

sorry i meant dizzy not ecu .... yea i wwant to use my stock dizzy , really cant afford a vtec one right now...yea i have a complete b16a3 from 95 sol (obd1) including ecu knowing that, what can i use and how can i do it? thanks for the help

All ready told ya, use an OBD I Civic harness, you can get it from a junkyard, fit it to the motor, try to get a vtec ones, as if not, you'll be missing plugs.

sorry dude motor is not at home i just checked and the harness IS on the motor, would you mind emailing me at JayDeeEmDC4@aol.com and giving me detailed instructions on the electrical part because I cant seem to find a how to on lsvtec electtrical anywhere ive searched every forum i can think of even lame-ass superhonda the instructions dont have to be detailed at all actually i can figure it out as long as u give me the steps...thanks man appreciated.

Detailed instructions....plug it in.

Originally posted by JayDeeEmDC4@May 10 2005, 12:37 PM
nevermind dude....(going elsewhere)
[post=497316]Quoted post[/post]​

Is it that hard to comprehend that all you do is plug the motor in? There's detaled how to with pictures on adding wiring in the reference section, but seriously if you have the B16A3 head, and it has it's harness, you just plug it into the Integra, then add wires where nescessary.

Back