LS1 Engine for sale 60k crated

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy

Anyone interested in an Ls1 from a corvette with 60 it came out of my dads, long story but its mint...LS1 Engine

how/why is it that corvette motor cost a only 1K, while even b16a's go for more than that?

Quoted post[/post]]
how/why is it that corvette motor cost a only 1K, while even b16a's go for more than that?

Because people know they can get 1k+ out of a b16a.

I'm sure there are a few people that are watching this ebay auction like a hawk wanting an LS1.

...and why is it that a JDM V7 STi motor or USDM STi motor costs $6,000 and another $3000-$4500 for a 6spd tranny?

Quoted post[/post]]
that would be because you drive a subaru :)

...and why when a Z06 costs $60,000 and a STi costs $30,000, is the the z06 engine 1/6th of the price?

God damn ricers.

I would love a cosworth or crawford built and stroked 2.8-3.0L usdm block and port and polished heads with a nice 6spd or RA tranny and port and polish evo 16g. ...but nooooooo, I'll have to wait until I blow my engine years from now if I want to do that.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
that would be because you drive a subaru :)

...and why when a Z06 costs $60,000 and a STi costs $30,000, is the the z06 engine 1/6th of the price?

God damn ricers.

What are you talking about? A Crate LS6 (01-05 Z06 engine) normally retails for 7 grand. (edit price, looked at the wrong number)

http://www.crateenginedepot.com/LS6-Servic...98399-P9C2.aspx

I don't even think I want to know what an LS7 would cost.

Quoted post[/post]]
What are you talking about? A Crate LS6 (01-05 Z06 engine) normally retails for 7 grand. (edit price, looked at the wrong number)

http://www.crateenginedepot.com/LS6-Servic...98399-P9C2.aspx

I don't even think I want to know what an LS7 would cost.

The LS1 was originally in a z06. I wasn't speaking of a current z06 engine. The 2007 special edition z06 engine thats 500-550whp will cost ~$15,000 or so.

I'm just saying a powerful engine like the LS1 is so damn cheap and the STi engine is retardedly expensive when a more powerful alternative can be had for less.

Shit for the price of a JDM v7 sti motor or usdm sti engine, I could convert to mitsu and get a fully built 4g63e motor thats going to put down a hell of a lot more power for cheaper.

Basically in the end I know why the Ls1 is cheaper. Supply and demand and old versus new, but I was just burnt about the cost of new japanese parts. I mean I have, what I consider a lot of money going into my WRX - a few thousand, but I'm burnt about the cost of upgrading to anything STi. Big brake kits cost thousands by the time you get brackets, rotors, calipers, pads, etc. The 6spd tranny is retarded expensive, even the RA tranny is expensive as hell. Lets not even talk about what a new engine costs.

If things weren't so god damn much, I wouldn't just be porting and polishing my turbo and basically everything else in my engine bay, I would be swapping in a fully built engine.

The LS1 was never in the Z06. The LS1 was in the base model Corvettes from 1997-2005, in 2001 when the Z06 came back into production it used the LS6 block with 385 hp/385 ft lbs.

From 2002-2005 the Z06 still had the LS6 engine, but power was bumped to 405 hp/400 ft lbs torque.

The C6 is now out with the base model making 400/400 on the 6.0L LS2, while the C6 Z06 now has a 427 small block (7.0L) LS7 with 505 hp/500 ft lbs.

I am amazed that they still evade the gas guzzler tax with that much displacement and horsepower. Corvettes are amazing, still get almost 30mpg on the highway when driven right. At least that is what I was told by a couple owners I talked to a while back.

Quoted post[/post]]
I am amazed that they still evade the gas guzzler tax with that much displacement and horsepower. Corvettes are amazing, still get almost 30mpg on the highway when driven right. At least that is what I was told by a couple owners I talked to a while back.

In all honesty, the "big gas guzzling domestics" really aren't that much of gas guzzlers anymore.

My girlfriend's dad see's mid to high 20's for mpg in his '03 Mustang Gt.

My friend with a '98 Trans Am w/ LS1 and 6speed would see in the 20's as well.

Corvettes see about the same mileage and make crazy power.

Then again a 6cylinder automatic Chevy Trailblazer sees about 15mpg.

Quoted post[/post]]

The 03-04 Cobra had a 1000 dollar guzzler tax (although for 04 it was just added to the price of the vehicle instead of being a option tax). While the Viper had a 3000 dollar tax. The SRT10 had a 4000 dollar tax.

Even in highway driving you'll never see those two cars get above 15 mpg... where as the Corvette will see 25+ all day long on the highway. Chevy actually puts some engineering into vette engines, where as Ford just slapped an Eaton on a forged internaled 4V 4.6 and called it a day.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

The 03-04 Cobra had a 1000 dollar guzzler tax (although for 04 it was just added to the price of the vehicle instead of being a option tax). While the Viper had a 3000 dollar tax. The SRT10 had a 4000 dollar tax.

Even in highway driving you'll never see those two cars get above 15 mpg... where as the Corvette will see 25+ all day long on the highway. Chevy actually puts some engineering into vette engines, where as Ford just slapped an Eaton on a forged internaled 4V 4.6 and called it a day.

The cobra is forced induction so there goes your mileage.

The viper engine is an old design and has huge displacement, plus 10 cylinders. Add that engine to the SRT10 and have it push mega weight and see what that rolling resistance does to gas mileage.

Really, it isn't a suprise that engines that are only setup with making power in mind, aren't fuel efficient.

Now take the stock V8 in the '05+ GT and see what kind of MPG you get.

p.s. When my girlfriend's dad was researching the '07 Cobra, I believe the price was $50,000 and it had a huge gas guzzler tax on it because it was only supposed to get like 10mpg.

Back