Lsvtec at home but won't start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dextercivic

Long time reader first time poster!!!

So I spent all winter meticulously building an lsvtec with a b18a block and a b16a head and Pistons. I just finished installing it and I won't start!!

I re used all the perifials from the b16a2 that was in there! The car ran mint before I did the swap and I used the IM, dizzy and other sensors that were from the old motor. I'm running hondata and am still using the b16 tune. I have no cel and i have checked my firing order.

I have read all over the Internet about people having this same problem but not where they have taken everything off a know good engine. Just need more tips from the pros!!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    911.8 KB · Views: 306
Tell us about what is happening.

Is the engine harness the same one (aka known working)?

All 3 grounds on motor/trans?

All connectors checked?

Getting spark?

Getting fuel?

Fuel pump primes when key goes to on position?

Definitely think about all the major factors. Fuel, electrical, grounds, fluids, etc. Look for loose wires, broken clips, missing hoses, loose bolts and such.

Start with the most simple idea that you would normally think, "there's no way that could be it, it's too easy". That's where I usually messed up my swaps. lol

Not sure if your still needed help but I have a B20/B16 both jdm.

My friend and I were having the same problem the other night we knew the motor ran and that the everything was good. We were getting fuel but no spark.

We had the distributor wiring harness wired up wrong so we finally figured it out and boom it fired up!

hope this helps.

Back