Lunch Sighting = Big Discovery

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

[edited] found out where area 51 fabrications is. scroll way down and see the more interesting area 51 pics..

dont waste your money on a safc

brothersagainst.jpg

He is asking if they are true JDM ITR's--no, ITR's don't have that ghey 2-light front.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 18 2003, 12:01 PM
dont waste your money on a safc

brothersagainst.jpg

hmm ok. went to inline four today and bought a new KN filter, and saw a spoon ITR from japan there. it belongs to them and was bought from spoon. forgot to ask if it has the b18c5, but im sure it does :worthy:, is that retarded too??? (j/p) ...i'll post a pic i took of their shop and the spoon ITR later. im lazy.

if its a spoon car, i doubt it has a usdm b18c5 =)

maybe a b18c spec R

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Jan 18 2003, 04:39 AM

i know, so what? i just had to post this. im gonna check it out soon! maybe i'll ask them about installing an S-AFC cause i am thinking about it as my next mod and they are an authorized apexi dealer.

The next best thing for you is to get rid of the shitty dpfi. You are limited in any gains you can make with 2 injectors. You are better off spending 200-300 on the mpfi swap. Your car will feel so much better, trust me.

youre right jeff. youre right. i dont know what i was thinking. actually, i was thinking why my car often runs rich..especially after long bouts of traffic, and i started looking for ways to keep the air/fuel mixture optimized all the time.

OK...to make up for this thread being so lame/retarded...here are some more (more interesting) pics of area 51.

these pics are from area 51's skunkworks tuning facility. it is in a secret location somewhere in irvine.

party12.jpg

party6.jpg

party13.jpg

party7.jpg

...now does anyone still doubt the authenticity of those yellow ITR's? :)

and one more pic from their showroom:
s3e2a611eb8fe6.jpg

Originally posted by jeff@Jan 18 2003, 10:48 PM
The next best thing for you is to get rid of the shitty dpfi. You are limited in any gains you can make with 2 injectors. You are better off spending 200-300 on the mpfi swap. Your car will feel so much better, trust me.

The problem with the MPFI swap with a d15 block is that California's stupid emissions laws...(actually they are not that stupid, they can just get annoying, smog used to be way worse here.) I am in the process of my MPFI swap i am just waiting for my harness, and my resistor box. I am going to run MPFI until summer, when i drop my b16 in. So i will not have to deal with smog shit.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer+Jan 19 2003, 03:03 AM-->
@Jan 18 2003, 10:48 PM
The next best thing for you is to get rid of the shitty dpfi.  You are limited in any gains you can make with 2 injectors.  You are better off spending 200-300 on the mpfi swap.  Your car will feel so much better, trust me.

The problem with the MPFI swap with a d15 block is that California's stupid emissions laws...(actually they are not that stupid, they can just get annoying, smog used to be way worse here.) I am in the process of my MPFI swap i am just waiting for my harness, and my resistor box. I am going to run MPFI until summer, when i drop my b16 in. So i will not have to deal with smog shit.

oh man...thanks for reminding me of that. i'm gonna have to look into that ;)

now heres some more pics to make up for this thread:

this is the engine of their lexus race car:
jpeg_09.jpg

jpeg_11.jpg

jpeg_07.jpg

jpeg_08.jpg

jpeg_02_r3_c4.jpg

Wow! Gabe when I get back from the desert I am deffinately taking a trip down so you can show me all these dope ass cars you find. ;) I can brig the ZC too if you want it? :D :p B) ;) <_< :) :sleep:

LOL cool, but i found those area51 pics on the internet. havent actually been to their shop yet. but i did see the spoon ITR today and here's that pic of it in front of inline 4. the hatch next to it has no engine. im thinking they are gonna put a jun or spoon engine in it since thats what they sell.
s3e2a4a1f85bba.jpg

im reluctant to say that it isnt a spoon itr, granted its a JDM R, but usually all spoon's cars are painted light blue and yellow.

IM sure it sure does have some spoon goodies on it :)

I agree it's not a REAL spoon ITR. But since inline4 has it. I am sure it's LOADED full of Spoon goodies! Plus I can see the Swan on the side of the car. :D

is it just me or does it look like that teg only has 4 lug nuts?

Back