Mac OSX help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adnoh

Hey guys,

For those of you with macs.....a quick question.

You know how windows has the "add or remove programs" in the control panel....does OSX have an equivelent? I feel retarded here. There has to be something I'm missing. To remove a program, Right now I'm just dragging the icon in the applications folder to the trash, then I'm going into the finder, typing in the program name in the search bar, and dragging all the related files it finds into the trash as well. It just doesn't feel right to me.

Can anyone help a brotha out? I've been using PC for like 10 years....I've had me G5 for 1 month. I'm lost.

R

Thanks dude, That pretty much confirms I'm doing it right.

Good link...I'll read up some more.

R

Usually, mac programs are all contained in a single folder, unlike a windows installation where the files are spread thoughout your computer. If you delete the folder, its the same as uninstalling the program.

awesome...thanks.

I did happen to run across a program that did spread out. I trashed the icon in the applications folder, and then did a search through the finder and it picked up another 20 associated files....crazy shit.

Some Abomination that seems to sucker people into buying their products.

F#$% THE iPOD!!

Too bad apple computers are way better built than any PC's on the market.

...Luckily my PC isn't something that is "on the market" :ph34r:

Originally posted by Calesta@May 26 2005, 09:13 PM
:thumbsup:

You got yours already?
[post=504158]Quoted post[/post]​

Fuck no. Nobody that uses my referral link actually completes any offers!!! :angry: :cry:

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@May 27 2005, 12:19 AM
Too bad apple computers are way better built than any PC's on the market.

...Luckily my PC isn't something that is "on the market" :ph34r:
[post=504190]Quoted post[/post]​

Well I hope to christ you're running Linux.

Back