maybe its time to mod the sti...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
sti_dyno_gt3071r.gif

400/400 at the wheels-- easily 150/150 gain.

STOCK exhaust, STOCK IC, etc...

theres probably 50 more to get with an upgraded exhaust and front mount... but 400 i could live with for a while :p

i'm looking into this more... not sure if i'm ready to mod the sti or not... if i do, the hatch needs to go.... and i need to score a 90-93 accord beater or some shit. lol

and so it begins?

blah, i really don't want to touch the thing... but i want MORE MORE MORE! lol

Thats like my integra.. I bought it for a family car, and am trying to leave it alone.. Its hard.. It had steelies so I slapped on some gunmetal motegi MR7s. The clutch went out so I put in a exedy stage 1.. Needed a tuneup so I installed NGK everything and a K&N filter.

As things need replaced I'm sneaking in better parts. I really don't want to mod it at all, but it will happen sooner or later.

Do it............... you know you want too.....
I for one love the sound of a dump tube, one of my friends has a turbo gti vr6 (just completed) and we just put a new tranny on it sunday, running about 7psi, soon to be 16psi, but the thing is quick, anyways he has a dump tube and i think it sounds sick.

ATP is good stuff :) let the modding begin

Originally posted by VTECPOWER+Aug 10 2005, 04:14 PM-->
I for one love the sound of a dump tube, one of my friends has a turbo gti vr6 (just completed) and we just put a new tranny on it sunday, running about 7psi, soon to be 16psi, but the thing is quick, anyways he has a dump tube and i think it sounds sick.
[post=538498]Quoted post[/post]​

thats nice. but sti's are internally gated... so are 98% of the upgrade kits out there.. lol

B16
@Aug 10 2005, 04:14 PM
[post=538500]Quoted post[/post]​

heh, you're a bad influence...

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Aug 10 2005, 04:26 PM
Way to go, B. I've been waiting to hear the words "it's time to mod the sti" for a long time now. <3
[post=538504]Quoted post[/post]​

heh.. i don't know yet.

IF i do go and do this, it won't be till after winter....

and IF i do go and do this, i need to unload the freakin del sol thats been for sale foever.. HINT HINT and part out the hatch.... so, maybe april?

first you need to lower the prices of your cars to sell em. second, you KNOW whats gonna happen if you mod it.... i mean.. with your luck and all. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Aug 10 2005, 03:34 PM
you KNOW whats gonna happen if you mod it.... i mean.. with your luck and all. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
[post=538562]Quoted post[/post]​

You mean start it, don't get it to work, then part it out and be done modding? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Aug 10 2005, 04:26 PM-->
Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Aug 10 2005, 04:14 PM
[post=538498]Quoted post[/post]​

thats nice. but sti's are internally gated... so are 98% of the upgrade kits out there.. lol

B16
@Aug 10 2005, 04:14 PM
[post=538500]Quoted post[/post]​

heh, you're a bad influence...
[post=538505]Quoted post[/post]​

Eh, im a turbo n00b, but his has an external 38mm wastegate, he's the guy who was trying to sell turbo's on here Louis@CTSturbo.com but i think cts turbo is either under new management or is all done with.

I was actually thinking about putting a GT30R on my prelude...might be kinda fun to run at low boost until i get my engine finished.

I just dont know if i want a fun FWD for 10k, or a fun AWD/RWD for 30k...still up in the air.

since your giving up on hondas you might as well. cant be totally without a project car.
buy a beater and call it a day

how much for a running driveable del-sol? even if you swap a d16z6 back in there? i could use a nice daily driver. im kinda serious too. i have the talon for a winter beater, but thats becoming my swap project. i need an in-between car that i can have for when and if i blow up the mirage. ;)

the del sol is running and driveable as we speak.

it needs an exahust (that E has at his house)
and the interior snapped back in place.

thats it.

its in the driveway, drove it around the block the other day.
b16 powered.

Back