Mazda 6 For My Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

nash

yo, well i really like the new mazda 6 4 door. I want to trade my soch vtec for it because i'm really getting pissed of with all the dwan heat on my car. Well i still thinking about this.

i need some input on the mazda 6 beofre i make this choice.
send me reviews or your thoughts.

peace
nash

The new 6 is nothing special. If it was the EURO or JDM version then we are talking. One of the versions that we do not get has a 200+ hp turbocharged engine. The one we have here is just a normal 4 door. The thing that sucks about a new car is that the only thing going for it is that it has no miles on it and well is new. It is slow as hell of the lot but it still cost a shit load of money.

What do those things go for?
What year is your si?

If it is a 5th gen then i say keep that, and with the money that you were going to spend, have a shop build you a beast (or you do it yourself) Calesta had some shop build him a b20vtec for 6k, talk to him about that. Then with the other money that you were going to spend on the car (20k right?) impove the suspention, brakes, wheels and tire. If you still want to spend some money, do weight reductions, (CF hood, fenders, stuff like that) and then paint them (dont leave cf stuff black paint them so they match your car) and maybe some interior stuff like improved seats, and stero. If you put that money towards your car, you will fly by any new car.

i don't even try to talk people out of selling or trading their honda, what is one mans loss is another mans treasure. so sell that biatch and let me know what its going for ;)

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 2 2003, 12:04 PM
If you put that money towards your car, you will fly by any new car.

There's actually MUCH to be said for getting a new car... with all the money I have in the Civic, it's nice and fast, but it's still an old car. I wouldn't want to give it up, but I do want a new car.

I haven't driven the new 6, but one of my friends has- and he really likes it. He autocrosses and road races, so he knows a thing or two about drivability. It's not going to be as nimble as a Civic, but it's still more enjoyable than most of the sedans out there in its class. Go hit up a dealer and try it out- you just might like it.

Otherwise, spending tons of cash on your Civic is still fun. It IS a money pit though.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Jan 2 2003, 03:39 PM
just remember...they don't make cars as good and as reliable as they used to. ;)

Says who?

Originally posted by asmallsol+Jan 2 2003, 05:10 PM-->
Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 2 2003, 04:59 PM
rixXxceboy
@Jan 2 2003, 03:39 PM
just remember...they don't make cars as good and as reliable as they used to.  ;)

Says who?

do you ever listen to old people, if Gabe says "Back in my day, it snowed every day in the summer and we had to walk to school naked uphill both ways" then it is probally true. Respect your elders :lol: :D

Is he older? I doubt it. :p :D

I thought he was talking about Mazdas, not cars in general... I figured Mazda's quality has actually gone up a notch, along with the rest of the auto industry. Well, maybe not Daewoo.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 2 2003, 06:38 PM
...I figured Mazda's quality has actually gone up a notch, along with the rest of the auto industry. Well, maybe not Daewoo.

hahahahahaha. :D .

:D :lol:

Well honestly- not much of Daewoo's stuff is good, no matter what market they're in. They constantly make the cheapest of the cheap... and it shows in their quality. Ever seen a Daewoo car back out of a parking spot and have the front suspension collapse? I have... I winced a little when my girlfriend's parents got her sister a Daewoo DVD player for Christmas.

THe new Mazda 6 is an awesome car as long as it has the 6cyl engine. The suspension on it is pretty bad ass for a sedan. Go test drive one, you'll be impressed.

220hp y0!

Originally posted by sisteve@Jan 2 2003, 05:43 PM
THe new Mazda 6 is an awesome car as long as it has the 6cyl engine. The suspension on it is pretty bad ass for a sedan. Go test drive one, you'll be impressed.

:werd:

Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 2 2003, 06:38 PM
Is he older? I doubt it. :p :D

I thought he was talking about Mazdas, not cars in general... I figured Mazda's quality has actually gone up a notch, along with the rest of the auto industry. Well, maybe not Daewoo.

Gabe? he is the old fart on this site, He is like 30 something :p

Talking about Daewoo, I got a Daewoo TV for christmas :D better then there cars

Originally posted by asmallsol+Jan 2 2003, 05:45 PM-->
@Jan 2 2003, 06:38 PM
Is he older?  I doubt it.  :p :D

I thought he was talking about Mazdas, not cars in general... I figured Mazda's quality has actually gone up a notch, along with the rest of the auto industry.  Well, maybe not Daewoo.

Gabe? he is the old fart on this site, He is like 30 something :p

Talking about Daewoo, I got a Daewoo TV for christmas :D better then there cars

Hmph. Old fart is right then. :D :D :D :lol:

Why get the mazda 6 when there's the Altima and 7th Gen Accord. Both of which are faster and most likely built better. :)

i have a new altima 6cyl with a 5spd and it kicks. i don't know about the mazda car but i would at least check out the altima first. we timed the altima 0-60 in 5.3. :D

a friend and a stop watch. not all that acurate but we did it several times. i know it is faster than nissan says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back