Might by some new wheels

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well currently i have 3 sets of wheels at my house.

1 set of 95 del Sol 14inch si/vtec rims. Those are wrapped in snow tires. Not taking those off

1 set of fat fives/95 GSR wheels. Those are 15x6inch. Currently the wheels I have on now. Tires all have buldges, suck, and to top them off, one wheel has a slight bend in them. Pretty much eliminates them (if the 6inch wide didn't already)

1 set of unknown wheels. They are 15x6.5. Some one told me they are miata optional wheels. Kinda look like a bbs style wheel. Kinda ugly. Been painted plenty of times.


I am going to buy a new set of tires (I am leaning towards the new hankooks (read my other thread.

Anyways, I no long have my circuit 8's so I have been looking at other wheels. That is when I stumbled onto these.... (puts flame suit on)

KONIG%20KOLORS.jpg


They are 15x7inches. Right now, I don't give a shit what my car looks like as my car is flat black.

Now for the reason why I would even think about considering these, the price. I found a guy/shop on honda-tech that is haveing a sale on them (maybe no one is buying them since they are so ugly :p ) and will sell them for 320 Shipped I can't even buy ugly slipstreams for that cheap. Thats 80 shipped a wheel. That means I could have wheels and tires for just over 600
 
Those are the Konig Kolors ultralight aren't they? Badass wheel right there. They're really light, on par with slips I think. For that price I'd def. sandblast and powdercoat em cause that color's ugly for a street car. so bright you could cause accidents lol
 
kolors.gif


here is a diffrent pic where they look less washed out.

As far as weight, they are 15lbs as advertised on konig's website, however, alot of people on HT scratch their heads at this because they advertise one of their 15inch wheels at 17lbs, but then grassroots motorsports bought the same wheel in 17's for their SRT4 and they weighed 17lbs.

If I was to paint them, I would actually paint them another color that isn't black grey or white. Actually I would probally paint them....Green. I might be painting my car white, so I could actually pull off green wheels.
 
$270 - 15x7 kolors (doesnt' include shipping)
$285 - 205/50/15 hankook (doesn't include shipping)
$50 - mounting and balancing
$110 - shipping
$715 shipped
 
Hrmmmmm..... Would you be interested in a set of 16" bronze rota grids with absolutly NO scuffs? Wrapped in yokahama AVSs with around 50% tread life left? I could probably get close to that $715 price and the money would go nicely towards my 17" bronze 5zigen gn+ s ..... :drool:

5zgnicon2c.jpg
 
nope, I have no desire for 16's, and on top of that, 715 shipped with brand new tires vs 50% tires.
 

E_SolSi

Moderator
VIP
honestly i like em :thumbsup:
i even love the bright ass obnoxious orange color
do they come in an ITR bolt pattern and offset????? (5x114 42offset i think)

i wanted to get the bright orange kosei K1-TS but they dont have 15s that will fit the ITR :(
if you know someone with a TireRack.com account you can get them for around $100 each
the 15x7s weigh 12.6lbs
and they have 2 air valves :D makes it real easy to run nitrogen in the tires
(for people who dont know nitrogen doesnt get affected by temperature as much as regular air... so your tire pressures remain far more consistant under varying temperatures.... very useful for people who track their vehicle :) )
 
Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 12 2005, 01:16 AM
honestly i like em :thumbsup:
i even love the bright ass obnoxious orange color
do they come in an ITR bolt pattern and offset????? (5x114 42offset i think)

i wanted to get the bright orange kosei K1-TS but they dont have 15s that will fit the ITR :(
if you know someone with a TireRack.com account you can get them for around $100 each
the 15x7s weigh 12.6lbs
and they have 2 air valves :D makes it real easy to run nitrogen in the tires
(for people who dont know nitrogen doesnt get affected by temperature as much as regular air... so your tire pressures remain far more consistant under varying temperatures.... very useful for people who track their vehicle :) )
[post=524514]Quoted post[/post]​



The annoy ass orange IMO actually wouldn't be too bad on either a black, captiva (sp) blue (b's sol blue) or maybe a white car.

But what is the point of 2 air valves? Do nitrogen pumps have a diffrent style valve? I know that some tire shops have nitrogen gas for tires as well as some semi maintance places.
 
Originally posted by asmallsol@Jul 12 2005, 12:00 AM
nope, I have no desire for 16's, and on top of that, 715 shipped with brand new tires vs 50% tires.
[post=524510]Quoted post[/post]​


I figured you wouldn't want the 16s.... I dunno why though. The increased inertia is negligable and they look far better IMO. Handling is improved as well. :shrug2:

And yeah 50% tread vs new but 16" bronze rotas > 15" funny orange wheels :p


E-Sol- can you elaborate on the nitrogen? do you mix it with the air or do you run a seperate tube? :blink: I've never heard of this before.....
 

E_SolSi

Moderator
VIP
ok
nitrogen in tires 101
:)

you want to get all of the regular air out of the tire then fill it with straight up nitrogen... if you dont get all of the regular air out then your pressures will still fluxuate with temperature and the whole process has just been made worthless

the dual valves makes it FAR easier to purge all the regular air out of the tire
the valves are just like regular air valves
but heres what you do
you take the valve stem out of one of them, so that as you fill from the other one, all the air gets forced out of the open one.... once the air has been purged out, put the valve stem back in and continue filling to the desired pressure

without the dual valve setup you pretty much have to keep the tire bead from seating up untill all the regular air has been blasted out of the tire, then allow the bead to seat and fill to the desired pressure

on trucks that run tubes its stupid easy... make sure there is no air in the tube then just fill it with nitrogen
 
Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 11 2005, 10:00 PM
ok
nitrogen in tires 101
:)

you want to get all of the regular air out of the tire then fill it with straight up nitrogen... if you dont get all of the regular air out then your pressures will still fluxuate with temperature and the whole process has just been made worthless

the dual valves makes it FAR easier to purge all the regular air out of the tire
the valves are just like regular air valves
but heres what you do
you take the valve stem out of one of them, so that as you fill from the other one, all the air gets forced out of the open one.... once the air has been purged out, put the valve stem back in and continue filling to the desired pressure

without the dual valve setup you pretty much have to keep the tire bead from seating up untill all the regular air has been blasted out of the tire, then allow the bead to seat and fill to the desired pressure

on trucks that run tubes its stupid easy... make sure there is no air in the tube then just fill it with nitrogen
[post=524538]Quoted post[/post]​



good idea, i thought of doing that awhile back, my father is a jet mechanic of small buisness planes, and they use nitiogen in there tires, so he'd be willing to do my tires for free :) the only issue is to get the seals on the tires just right, otherwise they will leak because it is smaller than an air molecule.
 
Hmm, really considering. His prices on even the tires are pretty cheap.

It MIGHT be a tad cheaper if I was able to pull of the compare job I did at discount last time. I was quoted tons of times 400 installed azenies on my circuit 8's from discount tire stores. On their site however, azenies were 79 a tire (same price as these hankooks) with free shipping. However, I would still have to get them mounted and ballanced, and that is atleast 36 a set (found a place that does it for 9 a wheel) so that is around 360. Still cheaper then 400. I called a bunch of discount tires asking them to match their price per tire of their own website. Well finally after the 10 store I called, I found a guy who was a pretty cool manager and was into stuff like this, matched his own price and then did the whole mounting ballanceing and tires all for 79 a peice.
 
Top