Mini Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

markie

I need to know what is needed and how much a mini me swap will cost I have a del sol s 93 and i have around 1500 dollars is that enough and also how much hp does this config make??

If you have that kind of money to spend, screw the MINI me and go with a b18b, no vtec but more hp then a MINI me and a lot more trq. A b18b will crush a MINIme and a b18b can be picked up for a little bit under 1500 if you look around

what are u talking about a b18b cannot be installed in to a delsol for less then 2grand

if you do it yourself (there is not even wireing for vtec) then you can get it for 1500, just shop around. I have even heard of people paying 1300 for the swap. Then with the extra 200, buy shift linkages (80 or less) and then timing belt, water pump and then all the fluids.

swapping D to B or F to H is like playing with Lego's... if you have any mechanical ability and you know how to read (shop manual) you should have no problem swapping an engine in a honda

Originally posted by markiebredsol@Jan 30 2003, 03:08 PM
what are u talking about a b18b cannot be installed in to a delsol for less then 2grand

you dont know what you're talking about

man fuck you sol reaver i haven't seen anywere getting a b18b put into a del sol for less then 2500 no one said anything about me puttin it in my self i said getting it installed for less then 2500 shut your fucking mouth and stop dawgin on me

Originally posted by markiebredsol@Jan 30 2003, 02:36 PM
find me a place in dallas texas that will do it all for less then 2500 and ill shut up

Maybe not in Dallas... but Dallas is somewhat expensive compared to other cities. Your statement didn't include area... I know that you can do it for cheap, even if you can't do it here- so CALM DOWN. Where in Dallas are you, and what do you drive?

Originally posted by markiebredsol@Jan 30 2003, 03:08 PM

Looks like another "perforamance" (rice) shop is charging him up the ass....No way should it costs 2 g's to put in a B18B....Maybe if it was an H22A...and the car was a Hyundai, yes.

Originally posted by Afipunk21+Jan 30 2003, 06:46 PM-->
markiebredsol
@Jan 30 2003, 03:08 PM

Looks like another "perforamance" (rice) shop is charging him up the ass....No way should it costs 2 g's to put in a B18B....Maybe if it was an H22A...and the car was a Hyundai, yes.

No... Dallas is expensive, but I'm sure you can get it all done for under that price here too. Hotech ooops... Jotech will probably charge you over $2000 to swap a B18.

:lol:

i was wondering is it possible to do a mini me on a 87 crx si ? knowing it is a 1500cc engine and the heads that have v-tec are 1600cc however i always hear of b18/b20 monsters so i think its possible.i just need reassurance and hopefully someone else already done this and can asissit me.

whatdahieu Posted on Feb 3 2003, 12:30 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i was wondering is it possible to do a mini me on a 87 crx si ? knowing it is a 1500cc engine and the heads that have v-tec are 1600cc however i always hear of b18/b20 monsters so i think its possible.i just need reassurance and hopefully someone else already done this and can asissit me.  

start your own thread, yes its possible, search the archives.

back to the question-

You should be able to do a b18 swap for at most $1500. i am doing mine myself and have so far purchsed a head-$88, an ecu-$60, a block $360, and a tranny-$???(i haven't got one yet).

so far that's $508 plus we'll say $500 for a tranny with axles and linkage, plus $200 for all the extra wires and stuff and the total cost will be around $1250.

and dude i live in wyoming so i have to pay shipping on everything. you can do it.

it cost him so cheap because he DID THE WORK HIMSELF instead of you being a lazy shit and wanting to pay someone =)

whatever i said nothing about me not doing it the debate was if someone else installed it

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 4 2003, 02:48 AM
it cost him so cheap because he DID THE WORK HIMSELF instead of you being a lazy shit and wanting to pay someone =)

Hey now <_< just because you might pay someone to do your work for you doesn't mean you are lazy. I for one work way to much to install most of my mods so I have a good tech that handles it for me. Now if you get ripped off or use a shitty tech your a idiot and thats your own fault

I live in Dallas, I guess I should have thought about getting my car towed to another state before I got the engine swapped, what was I thinking!? I gotta move somewhere else, just cause Jotech is in magazines I gotta pay extra for ego costs. But then again there are about four of five other places in the area that would gladly make you feel like Jotech is just ripping you off and still give you a high price. I payed $3000 for a complete B16a swap into my CRX si, Oh well, it's my money and it was done right, so I can't complain.

Originally posted by QuicSilver@Feb 5 2003, 07:43 PM
I payed $3000 for a complete B16a swap into my CRX si, Oh well, it's my money and it was done right, so I can't complain.

you paid at least a 1000 to much :(

Back