misfire code

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smoothekang

Working on 00 honda civic ex
Have check engine light
Cylinder misfire
Generic DTC: P0300

Trying to get rid of this check engine light. Engine drives good doesnt seem to mis fire when i drive. Idles great. I changed out spark plugs which tips were toothpicks and swapped out my spark plugs off my 96 civic to test before I buy parts. Check engine still comes on. Any suggestions before I buy something So i dont waste money?

My other issue is the hard shift for this automatic. Im going to flush out tranny with atf from honda tom. and see if that stops. Once the engine warms up it doesnt shift as bad. But still slightly if I push the gas. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

smoothekang

did you change the cap, rotor and plug wires? if not id start there.

how many miles on the car/transmission?

what did you do? you used new or used spark plugs? did you change the plug wires or rotor?

and its gonna shit kinda hard with high miles like that...

Ok I switch ed cap and rotor from my 96 civic and still have check engine. My question is this I got misfire code from autozone reader. I next counted the blinks off the cel by putting paper clip in plug next to ecu. And shows code 54 crank sensor. For it to be 00 civic could I read it that way? And could there be a simple error from auto zone reader? Btw since I flushed the atf with honda brand it doesn't hard shift as it did before. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

p0300 is misfire code for cylinder number 3. if you are getting a crank sensor code, and the crank sensor is ok, it might be that you have too much slack in the timing belt, throwing off the crank/ cam sensors... also, did you clear the light? if you dont, being a hard code, it will stay in the memory, even after the repairs have been made... make sense?

Back