Momentary ECU Error Codes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
While driving home today, (actually my freind was being the DD I was driving shotgon (golf is fun) the CEL went off at him. He was not reving it high or anything like that, just driving normal. Anyways, it went off and we stoped at someones house, and when we got in the car, the cel was gone. Will the ECU save the code and the paperclip trick work? I really have no clue what the CEL coul d be about.

alright, well looks like it does store it.

Code 7 Throttle angle sensor or circuit.

Makes sence because right as the error code happened, the VAFC was not showing throttle position for like 2 or 3 seconds even though I Know my freind was pushing the gas. Maybe might just be a bad connection at where I hacked in for the VAFC. Will check tommrow.

yeah, sounds like a loose nut behind the wheel :D

but yeah, check the vafc connections and the plug itself

the same shit used to happen to my del sol after my swap.

it turned out to be a loose connection w/ the hondata interface box... nothin a little solder didn't clear up.

also.. on an obd2 to obd1 swap that was in my friends 96 hatch (obd1 lsvtec) he was getting shit like that and it was the conversion harness that was gaffe.

luckly this was first error code since the swap, and it has been running good for 3 months. I am almost sure it had something to do with a loose connection by the ECU. As soon as we stoped and I pulled the ECU to get the code check plug out, and we started the car, it was off. Looks like a new project for this weekend.

Both my car and engine are 95 so there has been no OBD crap to mess with. :)

Back