Monster Engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

markie

im gonna but a itr head on a ctr block it will yeild around 300 hp allmotor when im done with it ill keep ya posted with pics

the only real difference in the CTR block from a regular b16 block is the pistons. they will make the C/R 10.8:1 with an otherwise stock setup.

i would take a b18c block and put the CTR pistons in it and use an ITR/CTR head... the only real difference being the valvetrain.. which i assume you are going to change if you plan on making anywhere near 300 whp all motor...

so ... think long and hard before you start this project because it sounds like you just decided it would be a good idea to combine ctr/itr parts and hope for power... but you have it kind of ass backwards.

yea but the ctr block im sure is alot more durable then a stock b16 and yes im doing it all knife edgeing extrude honing alot of stuff and no street drag and autox only

disagree. honda did not engineer two separate blocks with the same bore and stroke and make one stronger?? not cost effective. a ctr block is only as good as the parts in it. the pistons are better. since they have a higher compression.

rethink this and save yourself money and go faster .

you will also need some kind of nitrous setup too. besides i think you should check out the compression calculator herecompression calc.. cause if you want real n1 power your gonna need serious compression.

don't you think if it was easy or cheap to get 300 hp all motor we would have seen it already in the all motor drag cars? and they would probably be running on bored h22s.

sorry hope i didn't blow the welds on your intake manifolds.

I have EG 6 with Toda/Spoon fully built all motor.....and it's only 262HP......i'm running 11's though....i spent hella time and money on it......did hella research....for tht project, good luck....cuz mine wasn't even a conversion setup, just a B18C5......

Last time I saw specs on Loofsky's motor (and it's been a while) he hadn't hit 300 whp yet with a bored H22 running at over 16:1 compression ration using sick amounts of NOS to keep it from detonating. (I know that doesn't sound right but he had this HIGHLY tuned setup where that much NOS cooled his mixture enough to run it.)

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Feb 24 2003, 12:47 PM
the only real difference in the CTR block from a regular b16 block is the pistons. they will make the C/R 10.8:1 with an otherwise stock setup.

sorry sir, but you are wrong... the ctr block (b16b) is the same block casting as the b18c5/r

you know.. i might have to disagree on this one:

https://hondaswap.com/reference/index.p...de=engine&id=26

why would honda make a 77.4 mm stroke in a block that is more than capable of something like 87 mm.
it doesn't make sense. and if that is wrong, if you were to use the b18c1/5/R block with the CTR pistons the compression would be like 12:1.

but the b16b has a 10.8:1 compression which is achieved by using a 77 mm stroke and an 81 mm bore

i may be wrong, but my logic seems right to me

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Feb 24 2003, 06:00 PM
i stand corrected then... are you sure?

yes, positive... did a quick search on google and picked out this one
26-Oct-2002
Fixed an error in the B16A Reference. The B16B block height is actually same as the B18C, not the B16A. Thanks to Clarence Lim for pointing this out.

from http://www.teirney.net/whatsnew/Home.htm

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Feb 24 2003, 06:05 PM
you know.. i might have to disagree on this one:

https://hondaswap.com/reference/index.p...de=engine&id=26

why would honda make a 77.4 mm stroke in a block that is more than capable of something like 87 mm.
it doesn't make sense. and if that is wrong, if you were to use the b18c1/5/R block with the CTR pistons the compression would be like 12:1.

but the b16b has a 10.8:1 compression which is achieved by using a 77 mm stroke and an 81 mm bore

i may be wrong, but my logic seems right to me

yes, if you put ctr pistons in a b18c1/5/r you will have a compression ratio of 12:1, i think it is slightly higher than that. with the shorter stroke of the b16b crank in that block, and shorter rods, the pistons do not come as close to the head, which is how the b16b has a CR of 10.8:1, this is also why when you put CTR pistons in a b16a block, you get about 11.6:1 CR.

EDIT:
found this reference on that site too..
http://www.teirney.net/civic/B16AReference.htm

It is the same casting as the B18C5/r. Carboy (the Japanese car mag that my girlfriend brought me from Tokyo) has all kinds of stroker kits for the B16B that are basically the ITR rotating assembly, and they specifically say that these kits are for the B16B onlly. It makes perfect marketing sense. You have a block that you know is solid, you want to use it on this new car, but you don't want this new car to out sell the car the block came from (it's the same reason we haven't seen the real Civic R yet, Honda doesn't want to out sell the RSX-S with it maybe there is hope if we ever get the DC5R here) so you de-tune the engine going in the new car.

i wouldn't really call it "de-tuned" the b16b is basically a destroked b18c. it has its advantages and dis-advantages with the b18c

Maybe not de-tuned, but it has less power so I figure it is detuned. What are it's advantages over the B18C spec R?

Back