more power for lsvtec turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5speed

yeah so i have a stock gsr head with skunk 2 manifold and 68 mm throttle body..trp fuel rail with 680 fuel injectors. Ls block with gsr pistons. gsr tranny with ACT 6 puck clutch. I tuned on a cheap ebay turbo at the wastegate setting of 9 psi and pushed out 240whp. My question is..the head work doesnt really make too much of a difference for power right? It's all the turbo work, so that means a better/bigger trim turbo. and mabye some pistons so i can boost more right? well..i want to make 300whp..what do you guys think i should get to make this power?

The cheapest thing to do is to get a boost controller and up the boost. even a tiny turbo is capable of more than 9psi

Werd, just up the boost. With your setup 300 horse isn't hard. The turbo might not last long, but it'll make the power you want.

I remember watching this program on speed a while back...I can't remember what the guys name was but he was the owner of a huge turbo company..someone may know he has the worlds fastest street legal car..it's a trans am or camero, but anyway he was saying that for each pound of boost it's equal to 7% more power, so that would mean that you would need another what...3 or 4 psi, So I hope that helps you at all.

Back