motor mount ??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Blakwolf9666

i'm in need of some new motor mounts and was wondering if these would work for a regular d15 because all i can find is the b conversion kits, at the same time though i also read one of them that said it would still fit the d series so im just trying to make sure before i buy.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

um no... I beleive your information to be incorect. They mite work but I would bet the motor would sit wrong. You can just replace the urathane bushings in your current mounts and they will act like new :)

i was thinking of just getting some poly and filling mine in since i still have the stock rubber but i have no idea where to get it so if you know that would be great because $56 for 1 new mount is retarded i think.

You didn't mention what vehicle it's for. The stock mounts I am familiar with are Neoprene rubber and not any type of Urethane.

Energy Suspension makes polyurethane inserts designed to work with OEM mounts. They work well, I have their insert kit in the front tranny mount on mine - fit well. But, since they are designed to fit the OEM mounts as an "Insert" to basically fill the air gaps in the OEM mounts, the OEM mounts need to be in some kind of condition to accept them and fit correctly. If the stock mounts are in too bad shape, then a "fill with goop" approach is probably the way to go short of full replacement.

Assuming the stock mounts are salveagable, installing a set isn't too bad. The rear mount can be some work. Really depends upon skill level and what you have for tooling. Long pry bars, hydraulic floor jack is pretty much needed. A cherry picker and nylon web straps are real nice to have on hand for such a feat. That's what I used as I did a complete engine swap.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ENS-16-1103R

The original mounts in my 1991 hatchback were pretty wasted, especially the front tranny mount. The ES inserts are made to fit OEM mounts, so I went to the Honda dealer and ordered a new front tranny mount and on eBay and ordered the Energy Suspension insert kit for it.

OEM%20Engine%20Mount%201.jpg

OEM%20Engine%20Mount%202.jpg

OEM%20Engine%20Mount%203.jpg

OEM%20Engine%20Mount%204.jpg

For the other 2 tranny mounts and the LH engine mount, I found a good deal on a set of Drop Engineering mounts for $120 on eBay so I bought them.

Motor%20Mounts%201.jpg

The Drop Engineering mount set is a 3 mount kit and they don't make anyhing for the front, that is why I went with a new OEM stock mount, enhanced with the Energy Suspension insert kit.

Last edited:
its for a 92 civic lx and the back mount has a huge rip in it, not completely through yet but a nice size. i was thinking about getting some of the inserts but wasnt to sure if they actually worked or how well or even how they stayed in so i was thinking of filling the mount with urathane window sealer. if anyone has good things to say about those inserts though i may go that way. (i did however find some stock replacement mounts from innovative mounts( think i misspelled that lol) but they are a little out of my price range right now)

most of the pics for the inserts show zipties and im kinda reluctant about that lol

most of the pics for the inserts show zipties and im kinda reluctant about that lol
Not in my pictures I posted above - that's it, OEM without inserts, the inserts and then the front tranny mount with the ES inserts in it.

If your mounts are wasted, filling them is probably the best "fix" short of replacement. I've read of guys doing that and it lasting 2 - 3 years.

If you fill them, you will want to hoist or jack the engine into position while the poly goop completely dries. Or, probably the best way would be to pull the mounts so you can clean them up good from prep and fill them, allow it to cure and re-install.

I've never done it, search around for somebody that has - they can advise you better than I can.

yeah yours has washers but all the other pics i see like on summit and ebay or other sites they all show zipties and if i did get them would i still need a new mount or would it still help even with the torn mount? i mean i would do it the only thing is time wise because if i fill them then it takes 24-48 hrs for the sealant to cure and the inserts i could do all three in a few hrs probably depending on if the back mount wants to cooperate lol

The rear mount is not going to cooperate. That's roughly a days work by itself and trip to the alignment shop when your done with it if you want the front end correct and ensure no screwy tire wear.

Good luck with it. :)

hell i may just buy a new stock mount anyway and the inserts so i wont even have to bother with them again for a few years lol

hell i may just buy a new stock mount anyway and the inserts so i wont even have to bother with them again for a few years lol
That is by far the best option. It's a full day or even a full weekend of fun. May as well to it right and be done with it. That's what I did on mine.

The solid mounts transmit a lot more vibration to the chassis. More noise in the cabin, rattles, etc. The car will shift smoother if it's a manual tranny - especially if the stock mounts are worn out like they were in my hatch.

i have used the poly inserts before in worn out stock mounts, and i agree that they do work well but transmit a lot of vibration to the car. on my current car i put a built and supercharged b20vtec on the stock mounts and promptly broke them all... so i decided to get the Hardrace engine mount kit. they are awesome, holds the motor even with nearly 400whp, and doesnt vibrate nearly as much as the poly mounts or poly inserts do. for my DC it was all 5 mounts and it was like $250.

^ That's a pretty good price for a full set of decent mounts. That was what I was looking for (cost effective soltuion) and was a part of the decision making process - I found the Drop Engineering set for $120 open box on eBay, bought the new OEM front mount for ~$40 at the dealer and the ES insert kit for under $20. I had under $200 for all new mounts. The Drop Engineering are stainless and look to be very robust.

The trade off was a little more vibration. It shifts real nice now, just driving around and when I jump on it. Same tranny.

sounds good but they dont have them for a 92 :( either way by the end of the month ill have my taxes back and between US Auto Parts Network, Inc. - USAutoParts.com and rockauto.com ive got the mounts i need for next to nothing and even the iacv and thermal valve for about 300 so im just waitin till then with my carts queued up ready to check out lol

Back