moving

Should I move or stay where I am at?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
Ok I am seriously thinking about moving back to Fort Wayne, Indiana. Basically my reason for me wanting to move back is that I am not happy here in Radford, Virginia. Below are reasons why I am unhappy about life here:

1. my job: I have been a temporary worker at my job since October (the month I moved back to Virginia) and still haven't got hired yet. I am always on time although I have missed 2 days from work but they were excused. I do make decent money ($9.90/hr as a temp is pretty damn good) but I feel like I am not going anywhere there. Not only that, but the job itself has disappointed me. I was hired to be an inspector/tester but they got me working in plastic molding which is boring as hell not to mention I have ruined alot of my clothes working there. I have not been happy where I am at since day 1 when I started there. The people are nice as hell, but the work and the place seems likes its going no where. Basically it's a dead end job and it's NOT what I want.

2. my living condition: I live in a house with 3 other guys. I am the oldest in the house and the next oldest is 7 years younger than me (my brother as a matter of fact). The other 2 are college kids. One is loud as hell, the other is my landlord (his dad owns the house) and is cool but again hes in college. I pretty much just mope around the house all the time (except when I am at work) while they are always out doing whatever. It's hard being the "old guy" in the house.

3. the town I live in: It's a small college town. There isn't anything to do here unless you are a college student. In Indiana, I was always out doing SOMETHING with friends there.

As I stated above, I never go anywhere and my closest friends live an hour and 2 hours away and I see them maybe once a month or so. Most of the time I stay in my room and play on the computer or watch some tv.

The reason why I moved back to Virginia was to be closer to my family, but I am not happy at all with everything. I have talked to my brother and my mom and they are both behind me in whatever I do. I won't be able to move back to Indiana until the end of August when my lease is up here.

I ask for you all to give me advice as to what to do. Thanks all

:cliffnotes:
1. my job sucks
2. i'm the old guy of the house
3. the town i live in sucks
4. i want to move back to Indiana and need advice

Id say go for it and move back. Because really money isnt what life is ALL about. Sure its nice to have cash and what not but if you arnt happy it isnt worth it. Hell I dont have a job and i might possibly be forced to move back home but Im happy right now. Do what makes you happy.

Apply for any job that you can here...

And then if you get it, you can move in to my spare room til you can find an apartment for yourself...

More money, crazy car scene in CT, free college, and a better job... ;)

Utility guy starts about $16+ an hour..... B)

Move back. Move back. Move back. Move back.

You = my only car friend. I been bored as shit since you left.

Man you guys are lucky to at least have one car friend. :( I talk about car shit with any of my buddies and they say uhhh yeah.... So did you hear about the new version of (Insert computer product)

move back, better to be happy and broke than unhappy with cash

Originally posted by Airjockie@May 27 2005, 04:39 PM
Apply for any job that you can here...

And then if you get it, you can move in to my spare room til you can find an apartment for yourself...

More money, crazy car scene in CT, free college, and a better job... ;)

Utility guy starts about $16+ an hour..... B)
[post=504480]Quoted post[/post]​

wow, lots of job postings, I going to look into some of those :worthy:

hrm.... this is a toughy.

All said and done, you weren't really happy out there either. You missed your family.

move in with clayton :p he's like 15 min from me

he's got a cool dog, a nice yard, and a wife who can cook some awesome jdm f00d. you might even gain weight.. lmao.

plus, sikorsky is an awesome place to work for.... and you can car pool to save even more money (if you work nights).

i dunno man, in the end its your call. I agree that your current situation sucks, but was it really any better in FW?

Go up one state to Maryland, you can make easy money here, but the cost of living is higher.

10+ an hour is easy.

taco bell start full time managers out at like 40K a year + benifits.

i see the point b makes here... you wanted to be closer to your family. but, i think the fact of the matter was that you never really saw them at all, but seeing them too often is too much... right?

you should do what you know will make you happy, and you should also never have sold your DA. brat. :p

you know i love ya, and i hope things work out for you the best way possible, but if you liked it in IN, and don't mind going back to the old situation, then why the hell not? then James will have someone to hang out with (again)

i dont see my family all the time here. maybe once a month or so but i do talk to them alot either via AIM or phone. ive talked to all my family members about this and they are behind me 100% in my decission and they honestly see my point of view about everything. they said they just want to see my happy and they could tell that i havent been happy lately. im glad i got the support of family behind me.

as far as selling the DA goes, i had to. couldnt keep 2 cars where i am at. besides, i love my truck more :ph34r: i will probably get another Honda this winter to use as a daily while my truck goes under the knife :ph34r: cant go wrong with a good brand of cars, right?

well, in that case, go for it. but were you happy in Indiana? that's really the question. about the DA, i know you did, but i just HAVE to tease you. :)

i was ALOT happier in Indiana than i am here. good job with alot of cool people and that i actually somewhat enjoyed working there (i HATE where i am at now), awesome friends, was ALWAYS busy doing SOMETHING (i sit here at my house now and dont do shit when i am not at work) and Ft Wayne is actually a very nice city to live in. i live in a small shitty college town where there isnt shit to do unless you are a college student.

Originally posted by BodyDroppedNikes@May 29 2005, 11:58 AM
i was ALOT happier in Indiana than i am here. good job with alot of cool people and that i actually somewhat enjoyed working there (i HATE where i am at now), awesome friends, was ALWAYS busy doing SOMETHING (i sit here at my house now and dont do shit when i am not at work) and Ft Wayne is actually a very nice city to live in. i live in a small shitty college town where there isnt shit to do unless you are a college student.
[post=504987]Quoted post[/post]​

:D :D :D

Move Back. :p

I'd move back just due to the fact that you aren't happy where you are now. Happiness is what is important, not money or friends, but happiness. If you're happy in Indiana, then go where you are happy.

I'd move.

No need to make yourself unhappy. Life is too short. A good job is important, but so is liking yourself and your job. Do whatever will make you the happiest in the long run.

Originally posted by 2000Si@May 27 2005, 05:05 PM

You = my only friend. I been lonely as shit since you left.

Move back. Move back. Move back. Move back. I love you.
[post=504495]Quoted post[/post]​

Awww. :wub:

Back