mpfi swap distibutor wiring. my colors dont match TD-02u/pm6/91 std

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bistage

Okay so i got hasty because all the tuts said match colors and connect the wires/re-pin into new plug. Well I de-pinned my plugs and went to match wire colors and pretty much none of the wires match color.

The engine harness is the stock 91 civic standard harness
the distributor is a td-02u from a 91 si
I am running a pm6 ecu

distributor wire colors...
blue
blue w/yellow stripe
yellow w/ green stripe
white
creme
creme w/blue stripe
white w/ blue stripe

engine harness colors and my c1 and c2...
c1
c2
orange
orange w/ blue stripe
white w/blue stripe
big white
little white

I take it that the creme color is supposed to be orange

so...
dizzy-----------------------------------harness
creme----------------------------------orange
creme w/ blue ----------------------orange w/ blue
white w/ blue ------------------------white w/ blue
blue w/ yellow -----------------------c2

after that i am lost. i have these left to connect
dizzy...................................harness
yellow w/ green.....................c1
blue.....................................big white
white...................................little white

Now are my assumed connections right and what about the rest of the connections. all tuts say c1 goes to a blue/green wire and my distributor does not have that color.

Now after searching a while I found this picture of the plugs and had I not de-pinned my plug already this would have made it simple just going by position rather than color.
DizzyConn-1.jpg

i did the swap and if you read the walkthrough correctly it doent tell you to rewire the dizzy from the ecu,you just run the C spliced wires to the dizzy cut the plug then connect the remainder and the colors do match up

i dont have the harness side of the plug from the si dizzy and no the colors dont match up in anyway. I listed the colors I have on both sides I thought that would make it clear that the colors dont match. I dont have the harness side of the Si plug I am putting 5 of the dizzy wires in the std plug that is made for the original harness and have a second radio shack plug for c1, and c3.

Does anybody know what the green/yellow wire in the distributor is?

I found this diagram of the si distributor and there is no mention of a green/yellow wire

Ignition.jpg

well i have it running but not sure its right. considering that it will run with c1 and c2 not plugged in I cant really tell. I have to get all the codes (3) the ecu is giving worked out.

Back