Mr. freeze

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy

What do you guys think of this kit....it seems the mustang guys are making huge numbers with this kit picking up 50 - 100rwhp(octane pending)..it looks cheesy but it seems to work...wonder if it would fit different v8 applications?

Mr Freeze

the water cools to prevent detonation, and the menthane increases octane, also to prevent detonation...

seems like a risky way to gain more HP...

if you've got 5K under your hood already why would you risk it with this cheap kit?

i would look into something a little more reliable...

also note that it requires a re-tune after install or you will lose power...
i wonder what gains you would see from a regular water injection system? or just running higher octane with a better tune....

Make a base run and watch the Air Charge Temp in the PMS and write down what it is at max boost. After installing Mr. Freeze, make another base run and again watch the ACT in the PMS at max boost. You should see a drop of 60 degrees or more. Given these results, on average you should be able to go into your PMS and lean down WOT fuel tables by 6% to 10% and add about 9 to 15 degrees timing at WOT or in the boost tables.

are you already running an intercooler?

and i;m sure you could advance your timing by 9 to 15 degrees just running 100 instead of 93 octane...

get an aftercooler dude. this is a hack job... and running methanol on the street is just crazy imo

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 26 2005, 02:17 PM
get an aftercooler dude. this is a hack job... and running methanol on the street is just crazy imo
[post=545701]Quoted post[/post]​

you need to stop making posts and come buy my motherboard or its going to one of these other guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you only live 6 minutes from me for Satan's sakes

Originally posted by corvetteguy+Aug 26 2005, 02:19 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Aug 26 2005, 02:17 PM

you need to stop making posts and come buy my motherboard or its going to one of these other guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you only live 6 minutes from me for Satan's sakes
[post=545704]Quoted post[/post]​

i can come get it sunday :) ill be IN BRISTOL :D

Originally posted by TurboMirage+Aug 26 2005, 02:20 PM-->
Originally posted by corvetteguy@Aug 26 2005, 02:19 PM
pissedoffsol
@Aug 26 2005, 02:17 PM
get an aftercooler dude.  this is a hack job...  and running methanol on the street is just crazy imo

[post=545704]Quoted post[/post]​

i can come get it sunday :) ill be IN BRISTOL :D
[post=545705]Quoted post[/post]​

lol if Mr Bish don't come get it by tommorow its yours lol.......

Originally posted by corvetteguy@Aug 26 2005, 02:19 PM

Ok, I don't know why this quote was so funny, but I laughed hard at it.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 26 2005, 03:28 PM
sorry, some of us don't get out at 330.....

i'm here for a couple more hours :(
[post=545743]Quoted post[/post]​

why not? everyone should get out at 330 imo

Back