MUGEN CHIPPEN P13 ECU

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kingmarc63

Do you guy have any experience with or heard anything about this chip in a p13?
What are you feeling was it worth it?
I just have that chipped ecu installed in my h22a accord car and now the car idles up and down between 1k and 1.5k rpm (before it idled perfect). what could be the prob?
My mechanic says it should dissapear after the ecu learns the car more after for a few days
Is this BS or sounds fishy???
let me know

I know the ECU relearn fuel maps but i dont think it takes days, as far as i knew it was hours at most, though i could be wrong. Im sure the ECU is running rich, see the thing about buying chips is that the only prformance ideas behind them are fuel tables and such there for no one chip is going to be right for every car not even if it a so called H22 chip or b16 chip, each engine is gonna like its own fuel settings and so forth, the only way for that is to buy something like hondata or get a V-AFC and dyno tune with it. Other then the stuff i talked about the only other thing the Chips are good for is if you have one that is specificly removing things you wanted removed like fuel cuts, red line govners, and if you had wanted any sensors disabled other wise there mainly just dumping more gas in.

The chips are also good ways for shops to cover up bad wire jobs, they can say "were gonna chip your ECU for you free of charge" when really there chiping it but only so they can disable every sensor they want so they dont have to wire them.

Thanks for the info.....
I drove it this morning and it idled the same at first but after it was warm it idled 95% steady
anymore comments?
ps. can buying a fuel pressure regulator control this extra fuel and irractic idle

I wouldn't buy a regulator to control idle. By the time you ween it down far enough, anything above that would be starved for fuel. I think I'd buy Hondata before ever chipping my ECU.

Originally posted by kingmarc63@Mar 18 2004, 04:15 AM
Do you guy have any experience with or heard anything about this chip in a p13?
What are you feeling was it worth it?
I just have that chipped ecu installed in my h22a accord car and now the car idles up and down between 1k and 1.5k rpm (before it idled perfect). what could be the prob?
My mechanic says it should dissapear after the ecu learns the car more after for a few days
Is this BS or sounds fishy???
let me know

I have a 94 H22A JDM engine in my 95 Accord with a stock H22A ECU and I am experiencing the same eraddic idle you describe. Not sure about your situation since it idled perfectly before but you could have the shop restore your ECU to stock again and see if the eradic idle goes away.
Bruce

Originally posted by tab@Mar 18 2004, 03:05 PM
I wouldn't buy a regulator to control idle. By the time you ween it down far enough, anything above that would be starved for fuel. I think I'd buy Hondata before ever chipping my ECU.

<_< ...lol...what do you think Hondata is? its form of reprogramming (chipping) your ecu.

A P28 needs to be socketed (just like being chipped) in order for Hondata's system to communicate to the ecu & work their magic on the ecu.

there's been known idling issues with OBD1 P13 ecu's, especially when dropping an H22 engine into a civic. It was pinpointed that the EGR is to blame for this, even if the P13 ecu is chipped -- that won't necessarily fix the idling issue.

As far as I've seen, there is no P13 program available that has a disabled EGR or knock sensor.....yet at least.

Back