Mugen Program

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slammedb18acivic

anyone run the mugen program through a non obd pr4. did you like it .
-pros
cons
thanks

Originally posted by slammedb18acivic@Feb 27 2003, 11:31 PM
anyone run the mugen program through a non obd pr4. did you like it .
-pros
cons
thanks

You must be getting suckered by ebay again.

Mugen makes NO such program.

Neither does:

Skunk2
Spoon
Toda
Jun
Feels
etc, etc, etc.....

this kid that ive done previous business on parts said his buddy chipped ecu's and said that it was chipped by mugen and was ready to be shipped out. scammer ?

the only good thing about a chipped pr3 is that you have the rev limiter removed. however, i'd just send the stock pr3 to kenji and have him remove the rev limiter. all of the programs on p28's are designed for race motors. this means you'll run rich as hell unless you get on a dyno and lean the car out.

think about it, a mugen program would be designed to run a mugen b18c. this means super high compression with cams that have high lift and duration. obviously more fuel is needed to run a setup like this, or the skunk2 motor and its program is the same way.

honda ecu's run honda motors perfectly from the factory. yes, tuning can get more out of a setup but more times than not the ecu will cause a loss of power.

well the ecu hes sending it to me w/ is socketed to allow me to add and remove programs. if the imitations are too rich you know a program that will agree w/ my motor alittle better. stock motor,cai,exhaust,headers.msd ignition?

My Mugen program got me a perfect .70 on the Motec all the way across the rev range with no blips- all I had to do was trim out a bit of fuel and it was good for max power.

Originally posted by chet@Feb 27 2003, 11:48 PM
the only good thing about a chipped pr3 is that you have the rev limiter removed. however, i'd just send the stock pr3 to kenji and have him remove the rev limiter. all of the programs on p28's are designed for race motors. this means you'll run rich as hell unless you get on a dyno and lean the car out.

Chet - He is talking about a PR4

Integra LS engine

Not a PR3, which would be a B16A engine, and in that case, Mugen does make a chip.

Sorry dude, but MUGEN does NOT make a CHIP for the NON-VTEC 1.8l DOHC engine.

Plain and simple.

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster+Feb 28 2003, 03:21 AM-->
@Feb 27 2003, 11:48 PM

Chet - He is talking about a PR4

Integra LS engine

Not a PR3, which would be a B16A engine, and in that case, Mugen does make a chip.

Sorry dude, but MUGEN does NOT make a CHIP for the NON-VTEC 1.8l DOHC engine.

Plain and simple.

when chipping the ECU, aren't you basically changing what the program already knows...

for example: people have b16a Auto ECU's converted to B16A manual, with a slightly different fuel curve and different redline and also tell the ECU to forget about the O2 sensors and even knock sensors etc...

so basically cant he make the ECU read VTEC rather than be an LS ECU??? of course im talking about custom ECU work, rather than the EBAY items or any other clones..

ECU Page for ERE

or, if you have any computer skills, get the new pocket programmer from hondata and make your own chips. thats what i'm doing.

intronics makes the pocket programmer. hondata just supports it.
i have access to the pocket programmer and emulator, and i have the RomEditor Software already.

I'm going to pick up the pocket programmer tonight at 6. I have 6 _____ (enter the name of common clone chips here) that i'm going to read into my laptop and compare to stock maps, and to my hondata map i'll try to post results tonihgt or tomorrow

well , like i said the ecu hes sending me is an mugen imitation chip. Hes also haveing it socketed so i can remove the program and put in a different one. Should i just go w/ it , because it will be better in the long run having an ecu that i can swap programs with?

I guess you dont listen. You keep saying he is sending you one, but Mugen doesn't make a chip for a non-vtec ecu, unless it has a vtec program burned to it, which would be pointless for you motor. You are wasting your money. Its an LS, no need to get it chipped. An LS wont see high enough revs without vtec to go past the limiter (unless you wanna blow it up) and it you have vtec, you will be using a vtec ecu. If you dont have anything MAJOR done, then a vfac would take care of that (if you had vtec).

IMO, no need to chip it, but do as you please, but dont cry about how rich its running b/c you were warned 3-4 times that Mugen does NOT make a non-vtec chip.

Originally posted by slammedb18acivic@Feb 28 2003, 11:38 AM
i listen bro, just might have read it wrong. thanks for the help though and dont plan on buying one for my ls.

a pr4 obd0 ecu is an LS ecu man. :)

obviously people cant read very well, i was going to say it but pills beat me to it, mugen doesnt make chips, reprgram ECUs or anything, the sell new mugen ecu's THATS IT... why would you want a chip? its not made for your car so what do you think it will do for you? IMO its a waste of money, save up your money and get hondata dude.

Originally posted by BlackJDMdeath@Feb 28 2003, 04:02 PM
obviously people cant read very well, i was going to say it but pills beat me to it, mugen doesnt make chips, reprgram ECUs or anything, the sell new mugen ecu's THATS IT... why would you want a chip? its not made for your car so what do you think it will do for you? IMO its a waste of money, save up your money and get hondata dude.

Actually, that is not entirely accurate.

Mugen still reprograms ecus, they just do it directly from the factory.
(Let me rephrase this)

Mugen still makes racing ecus that have been reprogrammed directly from the factory. Meaning, that if you buy one from mugen directly, it is still a factory ecu using a modified ROM from Honda.

For instance - This is a B16A ecu (PW0) from 88-91, but as you will notice, it is called a XE5 from Mugen. Yes, it is a "chipped" ecu, and it is real and original.

But the point from above was that Mugen never made a program for the LS engine. EVER.

mugenpw0.jpg

mugenpw0xe5.jpg

Back