My 92 Hatch LS swap in progress

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

huslnuracingcrew

this is my 92 Hatch, i originally got it off a friend for 1700 all stock with 200k miles.
hatch4.jpg

hatch3.jpg

hatch1.jpg

i blew up the d15 not to long ago so i decided to do a swap, i picked up a 95 ls motor and tranny for $650 with150k miles

i changed the waterpump and timing belt, and installed a XED stage 3 clutch i got off ebay. this pic was taken right after i dropped it in

hatch2.jpg

it still a work in progress, basicaly im just buying parts here and there that i need for the swap.i just installed the shift linkage and short shifter. i still need to get the ls ECU, axels, dizzy, and wiring harness. im also going to buy all new coolant hoses, an aftermarket alum radiator and a handfull of miss. parts like new spark plugs, spark plug cables, new valve cover gasket , belts, and stuff like that. eventually i want to throw a b16 tranny in it but that will be later on down the road, right now i just want to get it running.

Also does anybody know the official name of the piece that goes in the tranny that the speedo wire plugs into? i need to buy one but cant seem to find it on ebay.

i also need to know if the injectors from my d15 will work in the LS

this is my first honda, it was just my daily but im hoping this swap will make it somewhat quick and fun to drive.

here some rides i had in the past

my 2003 zx6r that i built wen i was 16
its lowerd in these pics becouse i was at the drag strip
6362.jpg

6361.jpg

i ended up selling the zx6 when i was 18 so i could build my 79 z28 camaro(wich was my graduation present)

this was wen i first started

untitled6.jpg

and the finished product

maro1.jpg

i owed my dad some money for something and he wanted my car, so we made a deal and he cleared my debt and gave me his 04 zx10r

IMG_6967-1.jpg

well i ended up crashing the zx10 and sold it for 1700, bought the hatch, and here i am!!! haha

yes all injectors are 240cc except for vx,cx,lx,are 190cc if I remeber corectly

if you have a trans that has a cable sticking out of it, it is a cable speed trany vs electronic... You could convert it or go get a 97+ I believe.. you also mite be able to use your D series trans speed sensor if I remember correctly.. its the Speed Sensor

Your dad did well on the Z28 deal, glad you didn't get torn up on the bike crash.

You'll have fun with the Hatch, don't beat on it too hard! :)

yes all injectors are 240cc except for vx,cx,lx,are 190cc if I remeber corectly

if you have a trans that has a cable sticking out of it, it is a cable speed trany vs electronic... You could convert it or go get a 97+ I believe.. you also mite be able to use your D series trans speed sensor if I remember correctly.. its the Speed Sensor

thank you, its definatly the electronic kind, just didnt know what it was called.

Your dad did well on the Z28 deal, glad you didn't get torn up on the bike crash.

You'll have fun with the Hatch, don't beat on it too hard! :)

it was a pretty good deal for me too, i just came out behind wen i crashed it haha, but yea its gonna be hard for me not to beat on it, on the d15 i melted the head to the block

it was a pretty good deal for me too, i just came out behind wen i crashed it haha, but yea its gonna be hard for me not to beat on it, on the d15 i melted the head to the block
Ok, well let me change that to Have fun beating on it!!!! :D Oh, and try not to get caught.

I've had more speeding tickets over the years than I can possibly remember. Started in Juvenile Traffic Court back about 1968 for riding a 3hp mini-bike on the street and went from there...... Seems like it was 5 trips with mommy to Juvenile Traffic Court. I do remember the last time, a buddy's mom offered to and wrote the 500 word essay on safe driving for me. Still hang with that friend 40+ years later. In fact he has a SIG 1911 .45 with my name on it that he's going to bring up here soon.

Put a stage 1 pressure plate in it this time around.

A current toy, been stopped twice in the neighborhood, no ticket yet.

Serengeti%20Puma%20200.jpg

Some things never change - well, I guess they do a little, this one's rated at 6.5hp stock and is modded (header/muffler, carb rejetted, head milled 0.077") up to about 9hp, and now sports a Comet variable ratio torque converter, so it runs better than the old ones did.

Last edited:
i was gonna go for the lightend flywheel but i didnt have the money at the time, im definatly gonna get one when i put in a b16tranny.

^ Just have the machine shop lighten the stock OEM flywheel for you. They can turn metal off the back side of it and balance it. No need to replace flywheel. Use a stock clutch disc, with a stage 1 pressure plate and you're there for low $. Seems like it was ~$30-40 when they did the one on my hatchback.

In for the read on this one. Looks like you've had some fun toys.

Also, the technical term for that part is the Vehicle Speed Sensor.

Your best bet would probably be a used piece. For that amount of cash you'll likely only be able to get your hands on a DC, which I'm not sure is CARB legal. They're also pretty poorly made.

Pretty sure DC's ARE carb legal. Some sTillen pieces are as well, but i'm not sure that they still even exist.

I would also suggest against a b16 tranny on an Ls if you do any commuting/hiway with it on a dialy basis. You'll be chugging around at 4500 rpm most the time at speed and the top speed due to the ls red line is something like 125 with it IIRC.
gsr is abetter choice, gearing wise, if the ls is too long for you.

Pretty sure DC's ARE carb legal. Some sTillen pieces are as well, but i'm not sure that they still even exist.

I would also suggest against a b16 tranny on an Ls if you do any commuting/hiway with it on a dialy basis. You'll be chugging around at 4500 rpm most the time at speed and the top speed due to the ls red line is something like 125 with it IIRC.
gsr is abetter choice, gearing wise, if the ls is too long for you.

i dont really do any hwy commmuting, i want a b16 tranny becouse i like the way they feel around town, wich is mostly the type of driving i do

I have a jdm type r trans on my ls, and had one on my previous ls, and used to get and still get around 32 mpg. My commute to work was 40 miles one way, and top speed is at about 130... Plenty fast for a daily... I finally replaced the ls with a b20... At around 195k miles... (she burnt about two quarts a week with that commute... It's not a super car by any standards, but still a pretty fun car. Super short gearing, coupled to a decent clutch with a lightened flywheel= tons of fun on a budget... Thats my experience...

I have a jdm type r trans on my ls, and had one on my previous ls, and used to get and still get around 32 mpg. My commute to work was 40 miles one way, and top speed is at about 130... Plenty fast for a daily... I finally replaced the ls with a b20... At around 195k miles... (she burnt about two quarts a week with that commute... It's not a super car by any standards, but still a pretty fun car. Super short gearing, coupled to a decent clutch with a lightened flywheel= tons of fun on a budget... Thats my experience...

thats what i like, short gearing

Back