My Cousin Got Called To Active Duty

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
Well I spent the last night out with my good friend (Now my Cousin thru marrage) who I grew up next door to since we were little tikes. He's a Sargent 1st class infantry. It was amazin how many poeple came to this local bar in Wallingford to see him off. It's amazing actually how many poeple are effected by just one person. Family, Friends,Co-workers, etc... were all there to support him a good 50 people or so.

Well it sucks that I won't see him for at least a year, he told me last night he'll probably end up celebrating christmas and the new year in the middle east. It's amazing the info you get from a marine vs. the local papers and news channels. About 300,000+ ground troops are being built up in the middle east more troops than the Gulf War. I myself have never really givin a shit about were I live the freedoms I enjoy etc... always took it for granted, but when someone you love gets sent off to war it changes a few things.

I asked him if he was scared to go, his reply, " I'm not afraid of gettin shot at if that's what your askin, I've been shot at before in Panama City, it's the biological weapons I'm afraid of" Well I hope all of you realize what people like my cousin Chris do for us. I never did until last night and man he's been a marine for the past 10 years. He also said to me last night "Do you know why I do this it's for the people like you to know I'm keeping you safe, to enjoy life as you know it" So when you see a guy in uniform somewhere you should go out of your way to thank him for keepin us safe at home you don't realize how much it means to these guys to be acknowledged and know we support our Military , I'm not saying you have to like our government or our law enforcement, but the military is definitely forgot about all to often.

Well enough of my ranting. thanks for listening.

Well said. I just hope we get it over quickly, that we get Saddam this time, and do it without Bush doing anything stupid like using small tactical nukes like he was hinting at.

Hey, come on, he can't do any worse regarding the military than Clinton did. Clinton redefined the word "pussy" when he was in office.

I really appreciate all the support going out to our Armed Forces. When I was in school doing my undergrad in Electrical Engineering, I made the decision to pursue a career in the Navy. I've been in for 4 years now and been commissioned for over 2. As a Submariner on a ballistic missile boat, I am grateful that I will not be called upon to go to the middle-east, but the situation is bittersweet.

I was deployed for over three months this past year, away from my wife, three kids, and everyone else that I love. It's a never-ending rotation of three months at sea, five months ashore. If I'd have known that it would be this hard four years ago, I might have decided to go work for Boeing or Anheuser-Busch like some of my good friends.

However, I never regret my decision for one moment, even with all the emotional distress it has caused myself and my family. My worst nightmare is to be at sea and be called upon to send one of those ballistic missiles airborne, with no way of contacting my family or knowing their status. It's a very scary world we live in, but President Bush and the rest of his staff have 100% support from myself and this entire base for any decision they choose to make. God Bless America.

usa.gif
Everyone in our military, thank you, i know we have quite a few on this site.

Thank you for appreciating the Armed Forces,it's good to know that the sacrifices don't go unnoticed.This for everybody from the frustated kid burning the flag to the patriot burning the kid :beer:

Our ruthless dictator bush should use the NUKE!
bush is a pussy too. what happened to us in afghanistan? not a damn thing....osama is still alive and fucking goats. hell mexico and the US produce oil.....nuke all the ARABS.....fuck the innocent and children. NUKE EM NUKE EM.

Originally posted by VTECcivicVTEC@Jan 15 2003, 11:13 PM
bush is a pussy too. what happened to us in afghanistan? not a damn thing....osama is still alive and fucking goats. hell mexico and the US produce oil.....nuke all the ARABS.....fuck the innocent and children. NUKE EM NUKE EM.

:(

Originally posted by VTECcivicVTEC@Jan 15 2003, 04:13 PM

:whatafucktard:

you two must be arabic.
damn im only playing. if we used a NUKE the world would come to an end.
bush is only trying to use his authority, we all know damn well he wont do SHIT.

Originally posted by VTECcivicVTEC@Jan 15 2003, 11:24 PM
you two must be arabic.
damn im only playing. if we used a NUKE the world would come to an end.
bush is only trying to use his authority, we all know damn well he wont do SHIT.

Not Arabic,human.And I would like you to tell the 90,000+ soldiers,airmen,sailors,and marines on there way there,that Bush won't do SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Back