my dirty girl

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16

Super Moderator
VIP
went snowboarding last weekend, damn the roads were dirty! but she loves to play in the snow :)
gallery_106_2_1106157047.jpg

gallery_106_2_1106157064.jpg

gallery_106_2_1106157080.jpg

took this one on the freeway, i was bored :p
BOOST :)
gallery_106_2_1106121445.jpg

ok, i guess i should get to work now...

damn it, lol

i was hoping for some dirty pics
lol

misleading advertising...

and it looks alright, for an evo that is...

Damn you and your low elevation.

I'd be up at those boost levels if it weren't for the 6000 feet that I'm above sea level. :lol:

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jan 19 2005, 10:12 AM
Damn you and your low elevation.

I'd be up at those boost levels if it weren't for the 6000 feet that I'm above sea level. :lol:
[post=448026]Quoted post[/post]​

it actually peaks around 21psi. i had a tough time timing it and driving at 80mph, lol.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jan 19 2005, 10:15 AM
you have a boost controller?

how high can you turn up the boost on the stock fuel system?
and whats stock boost?
[post=448032]Quoted post[/post]​

the car is completely stock, no boost controller, stock boost on the 05's is 21psi. you can go up to 23psi on 91 pump gas and an ecu reflash.

OK, I might not be able to go that high. Maybe 18psi at sea level. There is no new turbo in my future, unless my stocker takes a dump.

i went snowboarding last thursday, and gave myself a concussion, but then had a great time leaving the parking lot, but it looks better on a white car.

Originally posted by B16+Jan 19 2005, 01:10 PM-->
@Jan 19 2005, 11:04 AM
Nice pics! I just might have to get one. Hmm.......
[post=448070]Quoted post[/post]​

DO IT!
:)
[post=448077]Quoted post[/post]​

The only problem I have is with the low displacement of the engine compared to the STi, but you can still get 500whp out of it pretty easily... and 500whp gets pretty stupid in a daily driven car. :)

Originally posted by Calesta+Jan 19 2005, 12:44 PM-->
Originally posted by B16@Jan 19 2005, 01:10 PM
Calesta
@Jan 19 2005, 11:04 AM
Nice pics!  I just might have to get one.  Hmm.......
[post=448070]Quoted post[/post]​

DO IT!
:)
[post=448077]Quoted post[/post]​

The only problem I have is with the low displacement of the engine compared to the STi, but you can still get 500whp out of it pretty easily... and 500whp gets pretty stupid in a daily driven car. :)
[post=448127]Quoted post[/post]​

i have an evo vs. sti comparison in SCC. they both made the same tq. numbers with the sti making like 10hp over the evo at the wheels. i dont think that extra .5 in the sti is doing much for it. personally i would have liked to see the jdm spec of the ej20 in there instead of the 2.5L

Well, you have to remember....the turbos that the WRX and STi use on their USDM EJ engines are severely undersized. I mean, alot of people use the VF39 (stock on the STi) as a bolt-on for the WRX without problems. A nice TEC or FP turbo on the EJ25 goes a long way.

I'm sorry, but I could never own one:

1) I hate Mitsubishi - for whatever reason, I know the Evo is not a DSM, but it was still made by one of the partners - I just can't trust them.
2) I love Subaru - We've owned 3 imprezas and they've all been awsome cars....well the 99 less so, but thats just cuz its way under powered.
3) STi is a much sexier car. It just looks better, and it is (from what I hear) easier to push into high HP #s.

Originally posted by ktanaka+Jan 19 2005, 01:47 PM-->
3) and it is (from what I hear) easier to push into high HP #s.
[post=448167]Quoted post[/post]​
you couldn't be further from the truth on that one. on the 05's with just an ecu flash, everything else stock, they got 290hp to the wheels. not too shabby.

but i agree, i've been a huge subaru fan for a long time, much more than any mitsu. but then i drove both cars and the decision was easy. :) i still love subarus, many of my friends have them, awesome cars.

integraslut78
@Jan 19 2005, 01:47 PM
This just makes me want an Evo. Nice Mike thanks alot. :lol:
[post=448169]Quoted post[/post]​

:D

Originally posted by B16+Jan 19 2005, 03:36 PM-->
i have an evo vs. sti comparison in SCC. they both made the same tq. numbers with the sti making like 10hp over the evo at the wheels. i dont think that extra .5 in the sti is doing much for it. personally i would have liked to see the jdm spec of the ej20 in there instead of the 2.5L
[post=448154]Quoted post[/post]​

Those are peak numbers- how do the power curves look?

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jan 19 2005, 03:45 PM
Well, you have to remember....the turbos that the WRX and STi use on their USDM EJ engines are severely undersized. I mean, alot of people use the VF39 (stock on the STi) as a bolt-on for the WRX without problems. A nice TEC or FP turbo on the EJ25 goes a long way.
[post=448165]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: There's just more potential with higher displacement too. :)

Originally posted by ktanaka@Jan 19 2005, 03:47 PM
I'm sorry, but I could never own one:

1) I hate Mitsubishi - for whatever reason, I know the Evo is not a DSM, but it was still made by one of the partners - I just can't trust them.
2) I love Subaru - We've owned 3 imprezas and they've all been awsome cars....well the 99 less so, but thats just cuz its way under powered.
3) STi is a much sexier car. It just looks better, and it is (from what I hear) easier to push into high HP #s.
[post=448167]Quoted post[/post]​

1. Mitsubishi sending people out to the track and writing down plate numbers to void warranties leaves a bad taste in my mouth too.2
2. Me too- never owned one, but driving an old ass RX (the original!) was still pretty cool.
3. It's beefy. The engine and transmission can handle a TON of abuse. I like it.

B16
@Jan 19 2005, 03:55 PM
you couldn't be further from the truth on that one. on the 05's with just an ecu flash, everything else stock, they got 290hp to the wheels. not too shabby.

but i agree, i've been a huge subaru fan for a long time, much more than any mitsu. but then i drove both cars and the decision was easy. :) i still love subarus, many of my friends have them, awesome cars.
[post=448179]Quoted post[/post]​

I'd have to weigh a LOT of factors before I can make a decision on something like that....

Evo to make it "right" = needs a bigger gas tank, dunno what else because I haven't lived with an Evo owner
STi to make it "right" = get new seats, upgrade rear sway bar, get "pink" springs to match the "pink" shocks since they left them out on the USDM STi

Then there's the fact that the STi and Evo are both just really really visually loud, and I do like my sleepers. The IS300 is still at the top of my list. :)

Back