my first EF

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

delsolr

i am looking at a 89 hatch

the motor is trashed but still runs i was thinking about a DOHC ZC
with a 75 shot of squeeze

what kind of problems is the motor know for??? without n2o

From what I have seen the motors are fairly strong in stock trim, I have seen a few with coolant leaking out of the front corner of the head gasket. They are a great easy upgrade for an ef. I don't think that a zc would last very well with a 75 shot of spray. if you are set on running n2o I would recommend upgrading your rods/pistons and head gasket. The rough rules I have heard from a few places that they are good to about 8000rpm and about 200 hp on stock internals. I know for a fact that they can survive an accidental trip to 7300 rpm.

a good friend of mine had a CRX with DOHC ZC with n2o and he would walk away from my del sol which is JDM ITR
all he had was LS cams, LS ECU, port and polish, cosmetic head gasket, i found out later he had n2o

but if i do mini me on a stock motor idk i think its a d15b7 non vtec would i have to run my own oil lines??? like on LS vtec or B20 Vtec

a good friend of mine had a CRX with DOHC ZC with n2o and he would walk away from my del sol which is JDM ITR
all he had was LS cams, LS ECU, port and polish, cosmetic head gasket, i found out later he had n2o

but if i do mini me on a stock motor idk i think its a d15b7 non vtec would i have to run my own oil lines??? like on LS vtec or B20 Vtec

B series parts on a D series motor?

No you dont run any oil lines, there is a oil jet plug in the block under the head you remove the plug so the v-tec head gets the oil pressure.Parts for the mini me are a v-tec head, odb-1 jumper harness, and odb1 dizzy and a p28 ecu also a v-tec sub harness make the job way easier. I just put a Z6 head on a SOHC ZC and it runs way better worth it i think for the money. :D

No you dont run any oil lines, there is a oil jet plug in the block under the head you remove the plug so the v-tec head gets the oil pressure.Parts for the mini me are a v-tec head, odb-1 jumper harness, and odb1 dizzy and a p28 ecu also a v-tec sub harness make the job way easier. I just put a Z6 head on a SOHC ZC and it runs way better worth it i think for the money. :D
Just finished off my Mini-Me and it makes more power but we'll see what happens after a tune.:D

Swap a B-series into it and be done with it, smoke 5.0 Mustangs.:D

so the SOHC ZC mini me will put out more power than a d15b7 with z6 head?? thats cool

90civicboy: let me know what kind of power you make on your ZC mini me

efhondakid: i already have a JDM ITR in a 93 del sol so i walk on STI's and what not i pulled on a 99 cobra, so i have the setup for that. i was thinkin like a canyon runner and auto cross car

I haven't had mine tuned yet but I will soon hopefully.I got the typical H/I/E , AEM adjustable cam gear, B&M Command flow, MSD 6A set up.The only thing that sucks right now is that when I got my exhaust done I ran with 2 1/2'' pipe all the way out because I was going to boost it but funds got low so I dont think it pulls as hard if i went with 2 1/4 N/A.

Back