My Glass roof panel goes boom boom

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy

So, on sunday, we all had plans to meet at my buddies house and go to his beach house. So i drive to his house about 8 o clock in the morning...its about 68 degrees , so i got the top offthe vette....he decides to many cars..so i leave my car at his house...i rol up the windows and just put the top on not bolted on...i go home that morning...i left my keys in his truck( i thought i lost them)....3:30 monday afternoon....i haer my car pull up...its my buddy......he went mach 9000 on the wya up...roof flew off on stafford ave..smashed.....make insurance claim...1412.74 estimate..not covered on glass....so it a comp claim which is 500 dollar deductible..get a check cut for 912.74.....call my dads friend up at Terryville Chevrolet...quoted 1216 + tax and shipping....With friends Discount 912 tax and shipping....Luckily for my buddy he will only have to pay me for S&H and tax.....buti get a new targa top.....

lol- i ALMOST lost the roof on the del sol once. i did the same thing... just placed it there, as i was just going in side for a couple min. drove around with it unlocked for a long time. luckily, i cought it before it took a airborne escapade.

Cheaper? That price IS cheap. The glass panel in that car is no laughing matter.

You let someone drive your Vette? Where am da crack ?!

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Jul 6 2005, 11:31 AM
Cheaper? That price IS cheap. The glass panel in that car is no laughing matter.

You let someone drive your Vette? Where am da crack ?!

-> Steve
[post=521469]Quoted post[/post]​

no no no no, i did not let him drive it....HE JUST TOOK IT because it was at his house and he had teh keys, instead of calling me first telling me he had the keys

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 6 2005, 11:32 AM
i drove his vette before... :p its slow
[post=521471]Quoted post[/post]​

blah you drove it before it had 370rwhp and 418lbs of torque....and still when it was stock i was blowing by Audi S4's and WRX off line with 269rwhp and 297lbs of tq

You can't convince me, B... I used to own a 1984 Corvette. There is a reason I call 120+ mph "VetteVille"

-> Steve

Originally posted by corvetteguy+Jul 6 2005, 12:39 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Jul 6 2005, 11:32 AM
i drove his vette before... :p its slow

blah you drove it before it had 370rwhp and 418lbs of torque....and still when it was stock i was blowing by Audi S4's and WRX off line with 269rwhp and 297lbs of tq
[post=521479]Quoted post[/post]​

heheh i know.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jul 6 2005, 11:52 AM-->
Originally posted by corvetteguy@Jul 6 2005, 12:39 PM
pissedoffsol
@Jul 6 2005, 11:32 AM
i drove his vette before...  :p  its slow

[post=521479]Quoted post[/post]​

heheh i know.
[post=521490]Quoted post[/post]​

Will you buy a house already.... i need want to move out....thanks

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 6 2005, 01:21 PM
can't afford one :(

looks like i'm going to end up in a shitter.
[post=521571]Quoted post[/post]​

so F a house then.. get a two bedroom condo with a garage then....

Does it have to be a house? Your single for christ sakes.....whatcha gonna do with all that space......

i've got too much shit for a condo, and hate rules. i might as well just stay home at that point.

i dont need a big house, no... but i don't want to live in the ghetto.
unfortunately, there's NO nice houses that are small w/ a garage and that are reasonably priced.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 6 2005, 01:45 PM
i've got too much shit for a condo, and hate rules. i might as well just stay home at that point.

i dont need a big house, no... but i don't want to live in the ghetto.
unfortunately, there's NO nice houses that are small w/ a garage and that are reasonably priced.
[post=521595]Quoted post[/post]​

not in bristol anyway...there are nice houses like that but you gotta in the newness of the britain

fuck nube britain. i'd rather live with mom till in 40 than live in that hell hole.

New Britain in certain areas can be nice but I would never live there. Hell I fear for my life sometimes.

dude, you have no idea.

there is not 1 area in vermont that i can think of that would resemble new britian.

perhaps, a polish/spanish Comptons is a good description.

I linked a pic of a guy in a del Sol that did something like that. He was going down the highway when he hit a small bump and air just caught it. When flying up in the air and hit the ground HARD. Top was completely ruin. FnF style owns.

How about checking Ebay.

Back