my h22R im pretty sure the pics work this time!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

irhavok

hatch1.jpg

hatch2.jpg

hatch3.jpg

hatch4.jpg

hatch6.jpg

hatch7.jpg

hatch8.jpg

hatch9.jpg

hatch10.jpg

hatch11.jpg

hatch12.jpg

hatch13.jpg

hatch14.jpg

hatch15.jpg

hatch16.jpg

hatchpluslittleguy.jpg

newhatch1small.jpg

newhatch2small.jpg

newhatch3small.jpg

thanks for lookin

Originally posted by CiViC_SOHC@Aug 19 2005, 08:54 PM
thats cool lol..what kinda rims are those? I like how you have a KKK member on top that says I love you...
[post=542677]Quoted post[/post]​

Deal is i worked at a body shop for over 3 years and i got totally burned out to the point where i wont even do serious body work on my own car... And since i worked at a quality body shop i have certian criteria for a paint job on my car... Those critera typically run about 4k and i simply dont have the money to pay someone else to do it.... Yes, i hate body work so much that i will pay someone 4k to do it for me... Anyways, i am also very confused as to which color i want to paint it.... So i figured that i would do somthing fun and easy that looked decient... So i bought 20 cans of Chalkboard paint from dick blick dot com and some sand paper and now i have a fun car... In fact last night i had 4 hooters girls drawing on it at a local meet... Its alot of fun but most of the time i have to go straight to a carwash afterwards because there are usually a ton of offensive things on the car and i dont want to get pulled over or shot lol... The pics you guys see there are actually toned down alot i erased alot of the bad stuff before the pics.

The rims are Rota slipstreams nothin special.

Motor made 208whp and 157wtq all motor stock with IHE im happy with it

VTECH 900 MHZ YO!

You mean someone knows the difference??

Nice car, nice motor, nice paint.. but where the hell are the pics of the 4 hooters girls posing on it?? Quit bogarting!

Originally posted by phyregod@Aug 20 2005, 10:02 AM
VTECH 900 MHZ YO!

You mean someone knows the difference??

Nice car, nice motor, nice paint.. but where the hell are the pics of the 4 hooters girls posing on it?? Quit bogarting!
[post=542783]Quoted post[/post]​

Haha i am waiting for a friend to host them.

Thanks for the comments guys

at first i thought it was a terrible primer job. paint isnt the best, imo.

that engine makes up for it. what's run?

Originally posted by brian11to1@Aug 21 2005, 01:33 PM
at first i thought it was a terrible primer job. paint isnt the best, imo.

that engine makes up for it. what's run?
[post=543132]Quoted post[/post]​

Havent made it to the track yet since i found out hasport swap axles are junk... I didnt expect the paint to be nice, i told myself i wanted to do somthing fun that didnt have me cussing at it the entire time i was doing it.... I could very easily do a 4k$ paintjob but if you read my post above youll see why i wont... i just abhor it to the bone... to many deadlines and asshat showcar customers i just plain lost the love for it.

Originally posted by brian11to1@Aug 21 2005, 11:32 PM
they are junk? what do you mean?
[post=543328]Quoted post[/post]​

well i dont know shit about axles, and of the 6 h-series swaps i have done the last two i have used their axles, well i live in oklahoma city and decide to go spend a few weeks in texas for some tuning and what not. I go tune and not one hour after tuning under normal accel my driver axle expodes at the inner joint. So since i am in such a bad situation hasport sends me an axle at my cost + 80 for next day shipping. They will reimburse me the cost of that axle when they recieve it. So i get this new axle and install it and it appears to be to long after installation. I cant do what some of the guys at hasport tell me to do as i dont have my tools here and had to borrow them to swap the broken axle... Anyways in talkin with the guys at hasport i am made aware that their swap axles are actually inferrior to an OEM axle because of the sheer cost it takes to assemble an axle that would work from OEM parts a supposed 500 dollar axle. All in all this is cool.... but even i know that the axle geometry on an Hseries swap is poor, you wouldnt think that they would build and axle that is inferrior knowing that these problems might occur... and then make it look like its a GOOD axle in their literature saying its good for up to 200 horsepower yadda yadda.... I have nothing bad at all to say about their customer service they have been great and hopefully ill make it home on this axle tomorrow so that i can test what thier guy told me to. Additionally i love thier mount kits they are the best i have used and would use nothing else... I guess i am just angry because i felt i was spending my money on good parts only to find out i would have been better off to have any one of the 30 sets of axles i have lying around rebuilt to have a better axle than the ones i spent 400 dollars on and additonally come to find out that i will have to spend another 200 dollars to get a set that i can launch on....

im not tryin to rag on them and i can understand how this might look like i am dissatisfied with them... I think i am more angry at my self for not being as thorough as i usually am and just happened to trust thier name and assume that a 400 dollar set of axles would be good ones. In the end its my fault not theirs.

:werd: Whats wrong wit you fOOl!!! :p

Clean swap. Like the paint as well. :thumbsup:

Did you use a kit for the cable shifter modification or did you just cut the holes & use a lude/accord shifter assembly?

Originally posted by HatchSpeeD@Aug 22 2005, 12:12 AM
:werd: Whats wrong wit you fOOl!!! :p

Clean swap. Like the paint as well. :thumbsup:

Did you use a kit for the cable shifter modification or did you just cut the holes & use a lude/accord shifter assembly?
[post=543342]Quoted post[/post]​

what do you mean whats wrong with me lol

i cut holes... i cant imagine how a kit would get you around that. I guess ill have to look at it

Very nice and very clean! me likey. :thumbsup:

Paint is friggin hilarious too.

AND YES- where are the hooters girls??

Sorry for the dumb question, but where did you get the chalkboard paint from? I must have missed it in your post, or I'm an idiot, either one. I've been thinking of doing the same to mine. Thanks

Back