My motor might be installed soon. About time!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Import Builders

Ok, so over the years I have colelcted some parts, waiting to see if I wanted to make it happen. So I finally am motivated to get the motor together and install it in a 92-95 hatch, that I have not bought yet.
This thing is a freaken killer. I can't wait. Here is what I got.

Hondata (duh)
H23 Block
IB Spec balanced/polished crank
Honda Bearings/thrusts blueprinted
Shot peened Stock H23 rods, with ARP rod bolts
87 MM Bore Prelude Type-S pistons (don't forget, H22A pistons have different compression height than H23, so the compression is going to be stupid. LOL)
Prodrive oil pump gear
Manual tensioner
H22A Head, Competition valve job
Stock valves
Crower valvetrain
Crower Retainers
Stock H22A cams
Stock cam gears
Accord Euro-Type-R intake manifold
64 MM Throttle body, stock Honda
SMSP latest model stainless header
IB Spec intake Super Duper secret mad power unreal. LOL trust me.
2 purple hornies (know that those are? LOL)

So I am looking forward to it. I really am. It will be an easy 12 second civic with mostly all Honda parts. I would like to sell this motor, and get a JDM RSX Type-R Motor to put in there maybe end of this year or early next year. I just love the torque of these 2.3 liter Prelude VTEC motors. I mean I am in 5th gear, and the pull is so hard, you think your in 3rd gear in a Type-R hatchback. Its that stupid.

I will keep you updated, this is what I am working on. My goal is to get 200 thousand miles out of this motor. There will be no A/C, no P/S, no stereo, to speakers. Its just a true sports car.

I can't wait to lite up my friend who was ripping on Prelude motors, saying his GSR in his Civic hatch, same year, with like 186 WHP was going to eat me up. LOL boy is he in for a shock. I don't think he knows. haha.

I am having fun thinking about driving this! 25 MPG, 12 second Honda, the way it should have come from the damn factory!

Jeff

sounds good :thumbsup:

can't wait to see some pics of it up and running. a friend of mine had a h23/vtec swap on the bottle in his 92 accord. never got the chance to run him though it would have been a good race, those things have mad torque #'s.

I saw that for sale on your site. Damn, that is gonna be a monster.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 2 2004, 11:43 PM

:sneaky sneaky:

do not underestimate his sneekiness.

Damn nice motor from the sound of it. You're not building it for yourself?

IMO, I don't see enough H-series buildups. The B-series gets built and rebuilt after a blink.

I'd like to see a few more H monsters. nice :thumbsup:

I am surrounded by people that bash the lude. That hate it, that all have Type-R motors, and GSR's etc etc etc.

I don't smoke, but pretty soon, I start smoking.

you understand!

Jeff

Very nice Jeff! You don't hear too many people around here modding the H blocks... and really not that many converting H23s to VTEC. I can't wait to see your dyno numbers.

I just ordered the exhaust parts for it. 2 glass packs, and a Super Turbo Dynamax muffler.

I might just have to get some Crower cams for it, but I like the stock cams HUGE, and I mean freaking HUGE mid range power. If this thing doesn't have 160+ lbs of torque at the wheels, I will be surprised.

Jeff

good call.......all good

but H series..........thats the last I would see to hit 9's NA :D

The H motor could be, easily, the fastest all motor engine the last 10 years in drag racing, but people have not put the money that it needs to make it king. You have to get a B series tranny adapted to it to make it drivable for drag racing. The H series tranny just can't shift at super high RPM.

H series head breaths so much better than any ported B series head, its in another league. More air= more horsepower.

However, I do personally believe, the B series is a better overal motor, and is way way more reliable with less problems.

My motor is pretty much all Honda parts, and I kept the stock pulley and flywheel to keep it from vibrating a great deal. Preludes have a problem with that.

Jeff

Originally posted by Import Builders@Apr 2 2004, 12:05 AM
Ok, so over the years I have colelcted some parts, waiting to see if I wanted to make it happen. So I finally am motivated to get the motor together and install it in a 92-95 hatch, that I have not bought yet.
This thing is a freaken killer. I can't wait. Here is what I got.

Hondata (duh)
H23 Block
IB Spec balanced/polished crank
Honda Bearings/thrusts blueprinted
Shot peened Stock H23 rods, with ARP rod bolts
87 MM Bore Prelude Type-S pistons (don't forget, H22A pistons have different compression height than H23, so the compression is going to be stupid. LOL)
Prodrive oil pump gear
Manual tensioner
H22A Head, Competition valve job
Stock valves
Crower valvetrain
Crower Retainers
Stock H22A cams
Stock cam gears
Accord Euro-Type-R intake manifold
64 MM Throttle body, stock Honda
SMSP latest model stainless header
IB Spec intake Super Duper secret mad power unreal. LOL trust me.
2 purple hornies (know that those are? LOL)

So I am looking forward to it. I really am. It will be an easy 12 second civic with mostly all Honda parts. I would like to sell this motor, and get a JDM RSX Type-R Motor to put in there maybe end of this year or early next year. I just love the torque of these 2.3 liter Prelude VTEC motors. I mean I am in 5th gear, and the pull is so hard, you think your in 3rd gear in a Type-R hatchback. Its that stupid.

I will keep you updated, this is what I am working on. My goal is to get 200 thousand miles out of this motor. There will be no A/C, no P/S, no stereo, to speakers. Its just a true sports car.

I can't wait to lite up my friend who was ripping on Prelude motors, saying his GSR in his Civic hatch, same year, with like 186 WHP was going to eat me up. LOL boy is he in for a shock. I don't think he knows. haha.

I am having fun thinking about driving this! 25 MPG, 12 second Honda, the way it should have come from the damn factory!

Jeff

Hey,
I'm new to this site. I hope this is what I want. I have the h23 for my 92' prelude.
The engine is stripped. I paid $500 for the whole car. I want to vtec it with an h22 head. The problem is I don't know how or where to start. I have to bore the engine. It has some scratches. It has already been honed. What should I do?

Thanks,
Elo'rin

that question is too open ended to answer. To help you, I would suggest you read up on all H23 conversions from various web sites, including this one. Its too complicated to write down in a thread. it would take me hours, and be pages long.

I am documenting the build up I am doing,a nd that will go up on my site in the early summer.

Jeff

Originally posted by Import Builders@Apr 13 2004, 01:17 AM
that question is too open ended to answer. To help you, I would suggest you read up on all H23 conversions from various web sites, including this one. Its too complicated to write down in a thread. it would take me hours, and be pages long.

I am documenting the build up I am doing,a nd that will go up on my site in the early summer.

Jeff

O.K. thanks, but can I just swap the heads or is there a bunch of mods I need to do. I can put the engine together I just need to know what I need in order to vtec my h23. I have a detailed service manuel. So I don't think I'll need step by step. Also what other sites can I check.

Thanks,
Elo'rin

Originally posted by Import Builders@Apr 13 2004, 11:33 PM
yeah, you can pretty much just put the head on.

H22A timing belt

Hey, thanks alot. I was wandering could we keep in touch by email or something? Just in case I need more help. Also, can I turbo the engine after I vtec it or even twin turbo it?

Thanks,
Elo'rin

Back