My netbook just got 10x better

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
I've been playing Demon's Souls on PS3 over the last few weeks so having my netbook with me has been nice, however everytime I go to use it, it would take forever to load back up (my forever = longer then 5 seconds) plus I've always hated the touch pad, for some reason I always had issues with scrolling and the screen going up/down really fast and not being able to unclick the scrolling action. Then there's slow shut downs and PAINFUL startups even with everything turned off.
I got annoyed with it for the last time, I did something I should have done a long time ago.

Ubuntu Home Page | Ubuntu There's a few things I disliked about it, but just like firefox everything I disliked I could easily change with very little effort from google.

My touch pad works extremely well now, boot ups and shut downs are blazing fast and the interface is a fresh look.

Anyone with a netbook or even a basic internet, IM, e-mail computers, check out Ubuntu Home Page | Ubuntu it rocks! When you install it, it does give you the option to install it on its own partition and when you turn the computer on it gives you a 10 second window to select your normal OS or Ubuntu. the 10 second window is annoying so I removed that too =)

The Ubuntu that shipped on Katie's Dell Mini was VERY nice. Booted super fast, slick interface- loved it. It's gone now. :)

I have been running ubuntu on my regular laptop for a while now. I love it. Esp with Google Chrome it runs flawlessly. It looks great, etc.

I don't use this laptop for anything but internet/estimates/photos/music so it is awesome.

I think I like this more the Chrome os, played with it for a little while but for the speed/what you get ubantu seems awesome.

I'll play with chrome os in a few months to see how things change. at first log in I thought hey. windows 3.1 lol

chrome = privacy nightmare.

Google = Skynet

What Netbook are you running? I am seriously considering running a linux distro on my Aspire One. The only shitty part is no more tethering via my phone :(

I think I like this more the Chrome os, played with it for a little while but for the speed/what you get ubantu seems awesome.

I'll play with chrome os in a few months to see how things change. at first log in I thought hey. windows 3.1 lol

I use chrome the browser on Ubuntu. Not the OS.

asus 1000he I was very happy to see Firefox preinstalled in ubuntu =) I really didnt care that much for chrome. Granted I do tweak firefox a bit to fit my taste but once its up and running I love it.

Back