my new ride

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chadcharb

VIP
I wasnt really in the market for a new car, especially this one. But grandma gave it to me so how could I say no!

Its a 1990 Geo Metro with a 144k or 44k :shrug2: odometer only has 5 digits ha ha. She bought it brand new for $6500 (original sales slip was in the glovebox)

Did a tune up on it today, oil and filter, air filter, plugs, wires, cap, and rotor, and fuel filter. She just put new tires on it a while back so they are like new. Runs like a top! Super clean...buts its still a geo. Oh well itll get better mileage than the CR-V. You can see what the wife thinks of it by her face lol

Please tell me you only paid $1000 or less for that. Gas is cheap right now. lol

Please tell me you only paid $1000 or less for that. Gas is cheap right now. lol
READING>YOU LOL it was very free. She gifted it to me so no taxes or anyting and tabs are good till july. Tune up was $90 so I guess you could say I paid that for it. It even had a full tank of gas

ah yes, i see she paid $6500, did see the grandma part. free commuter works.

I would be stoked if I got that bad boy. Friend of mine had one in HS, that little 3 banger was a champ lol.

Love the wife's look. Like, why the hell are you taking a picture of this thing? And let's park it where people won't see it.

You going to drive that bad boy?

etc-green-001-89geometro-1989-geo-metro-xfi-tandem.jpg

Food for thought

I can't wait to see you strap a dead elk to the top of that.
yea right! lol I dont think i could get it in there in quarters!

Love the wife's look. Like, why the hell are you taking a picture of this thing? And let's park it where people won't see it. You going to drive that bad boy?

Thats EXACTLY what that look was! I drove it today from Maple Valley to Bellevue, to Snoqualmie, and back to Maple Valley and it did WAY better than I though it would. The 3cyl. is peppier than i thought it would be.

needs a T2 :D

I think the stock hp is 55ish lol probably more like 40 now ha ha thats a bunch of money to spend to still have less hp than a stock d15 lol but if I could find the parts cheap enough wtf not. I would imagine motors are pretty cheap for this thing

Back