My Rotas Suck :(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
Alright today I went to Costco to instal my tires on my rotas. They use a no touch mounter. Anyways 3 off the tires went on all nice, on my car, they look so bad ass. However the 4th wheel was not so good. Last night I put a coat of wax on all four of my wheels and this one had a diffrent texture to it, it was rough when all the other ones were nice and smooth. Anyways, when they went to put the tire on this one as soon as they put it on the machine, they noticed a little chip. They showed me this and asked if I wanted to put the tire on or not. It was so minor, I gave them the OK. Then when they applyed pressure to the tire, itt started to chip like crazy, all over the lip.

So I called up Jason, (I bought them from him) he said that he would try to take care of it. Urgg I am so pissed right now. Hopefully I can get everything strait by april because that is when my first Auto X is.

I took about 10 pics, I will have them uploaded soon, I just have to get the little adapter that is in my dads car (he went out somewhere)

Pics are jumbo size and I did not feel like resizing them so I will just paste the links

https://hondaswap.com/gallery/images/s3...73a83252744.jpg
Here is a pic of them on my car (one of the good wheels)

Before he tryed to put the tire on
As soon as he put the valve stem on, it chipped. He asked me if I wanted to put the tire on, I said yes because it was so small.

After the tire was half way put on, they stopped it because it chipped it up so much. Here is the aftermath (sorry a little blurry.)
Crap

Here is a few more in my gallery My Rotas suck

well there was that one thread about the rotas that broke, maybe this is just another isolated incedent like that. i say if it is truely rotas fault by letting one fauly rim roll off the production line, then try to get a free rim of hell you might get more than that, so they can make up for their mistake, but hell i dont know, they might be gay and say its your problem, best of luck.

damn! talk about crappy manufacturing! sorry to hear about this, collin. i'll put the magnets on hold til u get this fixed. BTW, your PMs are full. need to delete some.

i wonder if this is really an isloated incident. think about it. two members out of a small handful of people on THE SAME BOARD. <_<

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Mar 16 2003, 07:14 AM
damn! talk about crappy manufacturing! sorry to hear about this, collin. i'll put the magnets on hold til u get this fixed. BTW, your PMs are full. need to delete some.

i wonder if this is really an isloated incident. think about it. two members out of a small handful of people on THE SAME BOARD. <_<

Gabe its alright, you can still send them to me, I have the money ready. I deleted some of my PMs so if you want to reach me again, go ahead.

3 of them were the same build dates (there is a sticker on them saying when they were built) and one (this one) was made a month or so earlier. This one did non have the same texture at all, it had the texture of an old car that has had its clear coat stripped. The other ones look sweet, and there paint quaility was real nice. As long as rota acts in a proper fashion to get this resolved, I will not hold this against their company.

i hear rotas customer service is pretty good, so you should have nothing to worry about. sorry to hear about your wheels, i have the c8's in gunmetal, hope that doesn't happen to me :(

Originally posted by asmallsol+Mar 16 2003, 08:57 AM-->
rixXxceboy
@Mar 16 2003, 07:14 AM

i wonder if this is really an isloated incident. think about it. two members out of a small handful of people on THE SAME BOARD.  <_<

Gabe its alright, you can still send them to me, I have the money ready. I deleted some of my PMs so if you want to reach me again, go ahead.

3 of them were the same build dates (there is a sticker on them saying when they were built) and one (this one) was made a month or so earlier. This one did non have the same texture at all, it had the texture of an old car that has had its clear coat stripped. The other ones look sweet, and there paint quaility was real nice. As long as rota acts in a proper fashion to get this resolved, I will not hold this against their company.

ok...gotcha. will get them out to you this week. B)

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin@Mar 17 2003, 07:42 PM
so costco chipped it putting on the stem? sounds like their fault.

no, it was not there fault, they use a no touch system so at least when they put the tire on, no chipping should take place. Since it chipped so easily (while putting on the valve stem, shown in first pick) then later putting on the tire, (the blurry pic). It was a defect in the paint. Hopefully I can get this resolved soon, I want to be riding on my new SO3's real quick.

colorpros Posted on Mar 17 2003, 07:33 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dude didnt jason say he was going to take care of it?chill

Chill? :huh: no one is really overly excited here, it was not like I am cursing out Jason or Rota, because I am not. Things happen and as long as a company trys to fix their mistakes, I dont hold the original problem against them. I have heard multiple people say rota has great CS, and Jason has showed that he has great Costomer Support time and time again. I am not that worried.

well when they put the vavle stem in, it chipped (for the first time) with very little pressure. They showed it to me, I thought it was small enough that no one would noticed and decided to put the tire on anyway. They stopped putting the tire on within a few seconds because just pressure from the tire ate away the rims paint. They then shut it down, and I went home with 3 rotas with tires in my trunk (and my dads trunk) and one rota in the box and drove home on my stock wheels. Disappointed to say the least.

Again, costco really had nothing to do with it, simply it was a defect in the paint. It is not like the only time it chipped was when the valve stem was put on. The entire lip looks like I banged it with a chissle, the paint just had problems with it.

Also I just got an email from Rota...

Hi there,

The wheel with the poor paint finish can be swapped at no charge if you wish. Just give us a call and we will be happy to replace it. Our number is 510 786 1726.

Mic

Wala, good coustomer services. I will call them first thing tommrow.

What this means is that Rota has experiance this problem and will do anything to solve the problem and keep there good name. If they do everything right (IE, ship my new wheel out real quick and also pay for shipping of my crapped up-ed wheel) then I will still support this company and give praise to it.

mic is a good guy. i got my rota's directly from him.

i still don't believe this is a common problem for them.
i wouldn't expect him to pay the shipping on your wheel
he's not the one who sent you a defective wheel.

I'm curious as to what the hell rota was thinking when they partnered up with apc to produce apcs new line of wheels and accesorries

Back