my sunroof is screwed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90 accord

Chicks dig the box
VIP
my entire sunroof assembly is basically fucked, and it will cost me around $800 in parts to get it up and working again, according to the *cough*dealer*cough*

i dont want to spend that much; nor do i wanna goto a junkyard and find a used one..

found this and figured it would look good on my car, save me 35ish pounds, cost me $500 less, and be a pretty easy install..

what do you think?

http://www.macqc.com/raceplates/SPK.htm

well that would be a better bet if you wanna be lighter.. but to let you know im gettin mine fixed.. buying parts from the junkyard for about 75bucks.. not bad... so its all on you bro... just my two cents... -Ben

Personally I'd rather have the sun roof. I'd just go through the local parts puller and do it that way. Junkyards are good for stuff like that as long as everything's in tact, and you can replace the motor also.

May I ask what happened?

ya thats a big rip off 300 bucks for 20 bucks worth of parts

find out if a sunroof from a 93 integra will work Ill sell mine to you. Cheap.

I cant remember where i read it but.. i heard that using the cf replacement throws the weight balence off your car. Not sure if that is true or not but i thought id give you an idea of what i have heard.

Originally posted by FearDaGreenCivic@Apr 4 2004, 10:18 PM
I cant remember where i read it but.. i heard that using the cf replacement throws the weight balence off your car. Not sure if that is true or not but i thought id give you an idea of what i have heard.

i know you didnt say that, but thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Apr 4 2004, 09:31 PM-->
FearDaGreenCivic
@Apr 4 2004, 10:18 PM

anything you replace that isnt the exact same weight as the stock unit was will change the balance of the car (CF hoods, CF fenders, body kits, rims, tires, etc)
anything you add to the car will change the balance of the car (speaker box in the trunk, amps, passengers, cooler of beer, etc)
anything you remove from the car will change the balance of the car (sound deadening, AC, PS, rear seats, spare tire/jack, etc)

basicly ANYTHING you do in a car will effect the balance of the car
with adjustable suspension you can bring the car back into balance (corner balancing) by putting the car on scales and making slight height adjustments at each corner

if you are not driving the car hard at or near its limits, then this is nothing you need to worry about

I know it is pretty dumb but i didnt know if anyone else has heard of it and maybe elaborate on it. And i had questions about it too but i was hoping someone would have cleared it up. But again i just thought id throw that thought out.

stop jacking my thread, and start you own damnit!

anyway, still up for opinions, gunna order tomorrow..

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 5 2004, 04:10 AM

anything you replace that isnt the exact same weight as the stock unit was will change the balance of the car (CF hoods, CF fenders, body kits, rims, tires, etc)
anything you add to the car will change the balance of the car (speaker box in the trunk, amps, passengers, cooler of beer, etc)
anything you remove from the car will change the balance of the car (sound deadening, AC, PS, rear seats, spare tire/jack, etc)

basicly ANYTHING you do in a car will effect the balance of the car
with adjustable suspension you can bring the car back into balance (corner balancing) by putting the car on scales and making slight height adjustments at each corner

if you are not driving the car hard at or near its limits, then this is nothing you need to worry about

ok, yes it will change it, but i dont see how taking weight off of the top of the car could be a bad thing and thats what i was taking the statement to mean. the car will be less top heavy, and i think that even driving the car at its limits you still wouldnt notice a decrease in performace or handling.

sorry for the thread jack mang :lol: but if you have the cash i would get the CF plug. unless you ABSOLUTELY NEED a sunroof for some reason. thats just what i would do :)

the top is not a bad idea at all if you dont care about not having a sunroof any more

but like i told you in IM ... you could make that thing yourself for like $50

Dont you want a sunroof? You know, one that works, the ladies love em.

well it's done, 300 shipped...

i'm happy cuz it's $500 less then the dealership wanted in parts alone. i dont like putting on used parts onto my car.

spoda.. i have a lady, of over a year and a half now, and she likes the plug more :D

Originally posted by 90 accord@Apr 6 2004, 01:19 PM
spoda.. i have a lady, of over a year and a half now, and she likes the plug more :D

wow :lol:

if you just take that one line out of context from the rest of this thread, it sounds really fuckin bad

:lmao:

Originally posted by 90 accord@Apr 1 2004, 09:38 PM
my entire sunroof assembly is basically fucked, and it will cost me around $800 in parts to get it up and working again, according to the *cough*dealer*cough*

i dont want to spend that much; nor do i wanna goto a junkyard and find a used one..

found this and figured it would look good on my car, save me 35ish pounds, cost me $500 less, and be a pretty easy install..

what do you think?

http://www.macqc.com/raceplates/SPK.htm

I think those things are ok, not all that cool. But for your situation, I say go for it. Way cheaper, and it really doesnt look too bad. Kinda looks tight IMO. :)

uhm... try plywood...
that would be hot, and paint it carbon fiber black
hahahhaa

well, seriously, did you think about plexy? you can cut it to the exact shape and still be able to see through it?
and you can throw tint on it before you install it, a tint color to match the car perhaps?
just an idea thats cheaper than uber CF ripoff factor...

and are you sure its not just the motor? or maybe a weak power supply to the motor? why not just close the sunroof and leave it shut?
dealers like to stick it in your butt so just make sure you check everything out before just trusting them and wasting 300+ bucks

Back