My TURBO civic....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Estorvito

Soy Boricua
Here you go guys....My shit is alive.... I finally got the turbo on....There was beer involved and we got the shit done quick...More pics up tomorrow...
gallery_36335_178_4034.jpg

gallery_36335_178_22286.jpg

gallery_36335_178_28002.jpg

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jul 10 2005, 09:07 AM
looks good
[post=523470]Quoted post[/post]​

THanks...I hope it dont dissapoint me at the track.....bahaha..
All i have is an external fuel pump and a FMU....

looks real good, hopefully after you get done with the track you go back and mount the intercooler better than zipties lol, should work fine tho.

Tite, I need to decide what I doing with my car :( I want to boost, but I want a 1.8 (insert Jeffs "buy my block commentary" here). I 'll figure it out when I get home.

There is something to be said for B16 Boost. You wont have hook up problems because of high torque :)

15sec here we go.j/k....lol.....looking good.....total cost so far????? cant wait to see the results....

is it a four door??

see i can understand the zip tie thing because they are great and hold many of my parts together but WHY the FMU sell it get it chipped for like 25 and then spend the rest on beer :ph34r:

Damn a lot of questions....

well first of all i just found out that my clutch is shot...The shit wont even do a burnout..bahahah..My reaction sux...Plus i had my tool box and some other junk in the trunk plus a spare tire...
I raced with my steelies and Ran 9.39 in the 8th..What would that be in the 1/4 mile?

I was impressed....I was only boosting 5 lbs...Not to shaby....
My tranny wasn't letting me shift into 3rd gear while @ 6500 and over RPM.. I called ripperbone and he said it sounds like the clutch..so Its time to get the new clutch....
I will be racing again This Tuesday hopefully with another tranny and clutch...
The shit ran good with no sound of Detonation whatsoever. :)

Oh and by the way Formby yeah Im running my four door civic....
everyone @ the track was impressed....The guys @ the track saw me running and after the first pass it was funny..everyone came to see what i had.

I beat a MUSTANG yO!<-- twice...bahaha..

Originally posted by drpenguin@Jul 10 2005, 02:52 PM
is that a cast manifold? how much boost are you running?
[post=523619]Quoted post[/post]​

Thats a DRag Cast Manifold...From the DRAG 3 turbo kit...5lbs of boost...Tuesday I might run 9 lbs with better tires and different tranny and clutch...

Originally posted by Estorvito+Jul 10 2005, 05:53 PM-->
I raced with my steelies and Ran 9.39 in the 8th..What would that be in the 1/4 mile?
[post=523717]Quoted post[/post]​

Based on this calculator:
http://www.wallaceracing.com/eigth-to-quarter.php

You'd be at about 14.6 in the quarter. Not too bad on only 5psi! Get it tuned and crank up the boost so you can go deep in the 13s.

Estorvito
@Jul 10 2005, 05:53 PM
The shit ran good with no sound of Detonation whatsoever. :)
[post=523717]Quoted post[/post]​

Just because you don't hear detonation doesn't mean it's not happening. Get your car tuned at a reputable shop with a dyno and wideband.

Thanks Cal...
Im going to talk to this guy so he can tune it for me..It'll cost me $380 for the whole shabang uberdata setup, and that includes the chiping part....Not too bad huh....

I'll post some pics of, when i was at the track..ohh and you guys have to see the boost gauge....You have to see the way its TAPED on..LOL..I made my own (TLB) pillar pod tingy shit.....bahahha..wait till you see it..and you thought the zip ties were bad..wait till you see this..... :lol:

Originally posted by Calesta@Jul 10 2005, 07:33 PM

You'd be at about 14.6 in the quarter. Not too bad on only 5psi! Get it tuned and crank up the boost so you can go deep in the 13s.

"Your 1/4 Mile ET is 30.87 seconds computed from your vehicle 1/8th ET of 20.0 seconds.
Your 1/4 Mile MPH is 496.00 MPH computed from your vehicle 1/8th MPH of 400 MPH."

:bo:

Ummmm........ I think I broke it...... :lol:

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Jul 10 2005, 10:12 PM-->
@Jul 10 2005, 07:33 PM

You'd be at about 14.6 in the quarter.  Not too bad on only 5psi!  Get it tuned and crank up the boost so you can go deep in the 13s.

"Your 1/4 Mile ET is 30.87 seconds computed from your vehicle 1/8th ET of 20.0 seconds.
Your 1/4 Mile MPH is 496.00 MPH computed from your vehicle 1/8th MPH of 400 MPH."

:bo:

Ummmm........ I think I broke it...... :lol:
[post=523781]Quoted post[/post]​

what is that suppose to mean....?

If you are going 400 mph it probably won't take 10 seconds to cover the last 1/8th mile.... :)

I tried a few different things and trap speed is irrelevant to that.

Back