mysql update

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
more of a log for me, but i switched out many myIsam tables over to innodb today to help improve multi-user performance.

The default installation uses these formats, but due to us being on old version of mysql at the time, it didn't work. Now that we are on a modern version of maria db (10.3) we are able to take advantage of the enhancements.

Also tweaked the my.cnf file to help control performance.

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
more of a log for me, but i switched out many myIsam tables over to innodb today to help improve multi-user performance.

The default installation uses these formats, but due to us being on old version of mysql at the time, it didn't work. Now that we are on a modern version of maria db (10.3) we are able to take advantage of the enhancements.

Also tweaked the my.cnf file to help control performance.
Man, I know the site is old, but i literally havent seen a myisam table in like 7 years....

I dont remember when exactly backups run, but I'd imagine that means we're done with the insane slow-down overnight.

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
Innodb didnt support full text search until the last version. We still have a few tables on myisam mostly session info as it locks the row.

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
Innodb didnt support full text search until the last version. We still have a few tables on myisam mostly session info as it locks the row.
You've seen my posts on facebook. I bitch about solr nearly weekly. And 5.6/10 had FULLTEXT support in innodb.