Name that plug!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thr33niL

Have no idea what this plug is for or what it does. Been searching around and ..nada.

I thought at first it mighta been a o2 sensor plug but it is only a 3-wire. Please shed some light on a feeble mind. It is from an OBD2 B18C1 on the passenger shock tower harness.

Have my GSR ECU coming in the mail so I can chuck my hacked P28 out the window. <_<

Now I also am not positive of the year of my motor. Is there any stampings on the block or otherwheres that would say so?

Is it close to the alternator plugs, or the thermostat housing? If it's close to the alternator, it's the crank angle sensor (or crank position sensor, I get 'em mixed up), which is the sensor right next to the oil pump. If it's closer to the thermostat housing, it's the vehicle speed sensor, which is right above the differential on the transmission.

Originally posted by civicious@Jun 14 2005, 03:20 AM
Is it close to the alternator plugs, or the thermostat housing? If it's close to the alternator, it's the crank angle sensor (or crank position sensor, I get 'em mixed up), which is the sensor right next to the oil pump. If it's closer to the thermostat housing, it's the vehicle speed sensor, which is right above the differential on the transmission.
[post=511956]Quoted post[/post]​

It comes outta the main bunch of wire harnesses on the passenger side shock tower. While my EG civic only had 3 harnesses to mate to, the GSR wiring has 4 harnesses.

its probably obd2 emissions shit. are you using an obd1 ecu? if so, ignore it for now... plug in the ecu. if theres no codes, ignore it. if there are, pull them and find out whats missing.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 14 2005, 08:04 AM
its probably obd2 emissions shit. are you using an obd1 ecu? if so, ignore it for now... plug in the ecu. if theres no codes, ignore it. if there are, pull them and find out whats missing.
[post=512001]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, Im using a p28 right now and my p72 OBD1 should be here anyday. I have had all sorts of probs with my p28. Got an engine light but cant pull a code. The SRS light just flashes (constant) instead of the engine light when I jump the plug. Freakin weird and nobody Ive talked to has ever heard of that. Plus the IAB that was supposidley wired in, doesnt flippin work. All sorts of problems with this computer.

<_<

Are you absolutely sure you are jumping the service connector, and not the data link connector for the SRS? They are right next to each other, one two wires BRN/BLK, and the SRS is three wires LT BLU, WHT/RED, BLK/RED.

Yeah absolutely.

I posted this in another thread.. but this is the plug I am jumping.....

Back